Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 22:45:12 -0600

168 
FZPN40 PHFO 130445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC SAT NOV 13 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 13 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 14 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 15 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N171W TO 23N175E THENCE A STATIONARY FRONT TO 
21N166E.  COLD FRONT MOVING E 15 KT.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 28N 
BETWEEN 167W AND 176E.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS N OF 27N BETWEEN 
169W AND 175E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N165W TO 23N177W THENCE A 
STATIONARY FRONT TO 20N172E.  WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST STATIONARY AND WEAKENING FRONT FROM 30N168W TO 
23N175W TO 20N177E.

.RIDGE FROM 30N150W TO 25N170W NEARLY STATIONARY AND ERODING FROM 
THE W.

.TROUGH FROM 06N175E TO 03N167E TO 03N160E NEARLY STATIONARY.  
SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF TROUGH.

.WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 14N AND 24N E OF 152W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 14N TO 26N E OF 149W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 15N TO 25N E OF 150W...
AND N OF 25N E OF 160W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 18 TO 25 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N180E TO 26N175E TO 26N167E TO 
30N164E.  SEAS 13 TO 17 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 30N178W TO 
25N172E TO 25N160E.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE NW OF A LINE FROM 
30N167W TO 19N160E.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF 12N E OF 151W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 18 TO 23 FT WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N168W 
23N176W 23N176E 30N175E.  SEAS 9 TO 17 FT ELSEWHERE N AND W 30N164W 
TO 15N177E TO 15N160E.  SEAS 9 TO 12 FT N OF 10N E OF 152W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 13 TO 17 FT WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N154W 
15N170W 15N179E 30N175W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF LINE FROM 
10N140W TO 10N150W TO 16N160W TO 08N176W TO 08N173E TO 20N160E.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN 07N AND 15N BOUNDED BY 164W AND 
177W.

.ITCZ FROM 11N140W TO 08N150W TO 08N162W.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ E OF 153W.

$$
.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.