Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 23:42:09 -0600

817 
ATHW40 PHFO 130542
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC SAT NOV 13 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC NOVEMBER 13 2010

DENSE HIGH CLOUDS CONTINUE TO BLANKET THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS THIS 
EARLY FRIDAY EVENING. WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS PART OF AN UPPER 
LEVEL TROUGH LYING OVER KAUAI AND OAHU. THE TROUGH AXIS CONTINUES 
EASTWARD FOR A THOUSAND MILES TO 22N143W...AND TO THE SOUTHWEST FOR 
1600 MILES THROUGH 16N170W TO 08N180E. TO RIGHT OR EAST OF THIS 
TROUGH...YOU WILL FIND MID AND HIGH CLOUDS AND SOUTHWEST TO WEST 
WIND FLOW. BETWEEN 180E AND 166W IS AN AREA OF MULTILAYERED 
CLOUDS...ABOUT 260 MILES WIDE. THE AREA CONTAINS A THUNDERSTORM OR 
TWO. CIRRUS CLOUDS...ABOUT 350 MILES WIDE...DENSE IN SOME SPOTS... 
CONTINUED TOWARDS THE NORTHWARD INCLUDING THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. 
THE CIRRUS DISSIPATES EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND. THE TROUGH OVER PART 
OF THE STATE...HAS EASED EASTWARD DURING THE PAST 12 HOURS. 
OTHERWISE THE REST OF THE TROUGH HAS BEEN STATIONARY.

OF WHAT WE CAN SEE...THERE IS AN AREA OF SHOWERS PASSING TO THE 
SOUTH OF THE BIG ISLAND. A BIT OF ITS NORTHERN FRINGE THOUGH MAY 
CATCH THE KAU DISTRICT. SATELLITE IMAGERY ALSO SHOW A BAND OF 
SHOWERS BETWEEN 200 AND 350 MILES NORTHEAST OF MAUI. THE BAND STARTS 
OFF FAR EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND AT BETWEEN 20N AND 17N AT 130W 
LONGITUDE. THE BAND CURVES TOWARD THE NORTHWEST AT 19N145W AND TO 
THE NORTH AT 25N154W. THE OVERALL MOVEMENT IS SLOWLY TOWARD THE 
WEST AND SOUTH. 

BASED ON THE WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS OVER THE MAUI WINDWARD 
WATERS...THEY ARE MOVING TOWARD THE WEST NORTHWEST AT 20 TO 25 MPH.

ELSEWHERE...A COLD FRONT IS NOTED BETWEEN 730 AND 1000 MILES 
NORTHWEST OF KAUAI...MOVING SOUTHEAST AT 20 MPH. AS PART OF THE 
FRONT...THERE IS A BAND OF LAYERED CLOUDS WITH A FEW EMBEDDED 
THUNDERSTORMS...ABOUT 130 MILES EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 40N162W 
TO 34N165W TO 29N173W. THE TOPS OF THE THUNDERSTORMS EXTEND TO 
42000 FEET. A NARROWER CLOUD BAND...180 MILES WIDE...AND CONSISTING 
CUMULUS CLOUDS...CONTINUES SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 29N173W TO 25N180E TO 
22N170E.

$$

LAU

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.