Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 03:51:03 -0600

867 
FZPN01 KWBC 130950
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC SAT NOV 13 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 13. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 14. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 15. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N172E 997 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 420 NM 
SW...60 NM AND 180 NM NW...120 NM AND 240 NM NE QUADRANTS WINDS 
35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 13 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 44N W OF 
176W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N177E 994 MB. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 300 NM 
SW...120 NM AND 240 NM NW AND NE QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. 
SEAS 14 TO 28 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N179E 992 MB. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 360 NM 
W AND N SEMICIRCLES WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 46N BETWEEN 170W AND 167E...AND FROM 37N 
TO 45N BETWEEN 160W AND 170W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 
FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW INLAND 60N152W 994 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. WITHIN 120 NM E OF A 
FRONT FROM 54N132W TO 49N129W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 
FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 1260 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
9 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 43N168W 989 MB MOVING NE 40 KT. WITHIN 960 NM E...780 NM 
SE...1160 NM SW...300 NM NW AND 420 NM NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT...EXCEPT 16 TO 32 FT IN SW QUADRANT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N150W 1002 MB. WITHIN 1260 NM S...660 NM 
E AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 45N BETWEEN 156W TO 176W WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 60N131W 1006 MB. FROM 45N TO 60N 
BETWEEN 129W AND 159W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 59N163W 992 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 420 NM W 
AND NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 660 NM SW...480 NM SE AND S QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 63N157W 1007 MB. N OF 60N W OF 165W 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. N OF 60N BETWEEN 165W AND 170W 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 32N TO 42N BETWEEN 122W AND 128W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 42N BETWEEN 122W AND 130W N WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 
130W AND 140W N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 43N BETWEEN 122W AND 132W N WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 
132W AND 142W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST NW OF A LINE FROM 40N160E TO 57N174E S WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 64N AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 63N AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING 
SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 61N AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING 
SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 150W AND 160W SE WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 480 NM SE OF 
A LINE FROM 53N132W TO 44N164W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 53N BETWEEN 130W AND 
160W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 420 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
51N138W TO 42N162W. 

.HIGH 39N133W 1040 MB MOVING W 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N139W 1040 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N141W 1040 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 50N179W 1036 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N165W 1035 MB. 

.FORECASTER HOLLEY. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SAT NOV 13.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SUN NOV 14.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC MON NOV 15.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.N OF 13N W OF 124W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 09N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 13N W OF 125W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 10N TO 25N W OF 120W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 24N W OF 130W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 13 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. FROM 11N TO 24N W OF 
130W AND N OF 24N BETWEEN 120W AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. 

.LOW PRES NEAR 10N109W 1012 MB. WITHIN 120 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 10N110W 1010 MB. WITHIN 120 NM 
SE SEMICIRCLE OF LOW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 11N110W 1010 MB. WITHIN 240 NM 
SE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 25N NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 
8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 27N NW TO N WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.

.18 HOUR FORECAST FROM 03N TO 07N BETWEEN 80W AND 85W S TO SW 
WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 05N TO 07N SW WINDS WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
SEAS TO 9 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC SAT NOV 13...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...07N85W TO 06N95W TO 11N105W TO 
09N130W TO 12N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 
120 NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN 105W AND 112W AND WITHIN 200 NM N OF 
AXIS FROM 134 TO 140W.

$$
FORECASTER DGS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.