Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 04:45:08 -0600

397 
FZPN40 PHFO 131045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC SAT NOV 13 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 13 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 14 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 15 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N170W TO 25N177W TO 23N177E THENCE A STATIONARY 
FRONT TO 20N164E.  COLD FRONT MOVING E 15 KT.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N 
OF 29N BETWEEN 165W AND 175E.  ISOLATED TSTMS N OF 27N BETWEEN 167W 
AND 180E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N165W TO 22N177W TO 18N165E.  WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT FROM 30N166W TO 24N171W TO 
19N178E.

.36 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N179E TO 26N174E.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
N OF 28N BETWEEN 170E AND 179W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N176W TO 24N178E.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
N OF 28N BETWEEN 173W AND 175E.

.TROUGH FROM 03N160E TO 03N163E TO 06N167E NEARLY STATIONARY.  
ISOLATED TSTMS BETWEEN 01N AND 06N W OF 171E.

.TROUGH FROM 11N140W TO 09N148W NEARLY STATIONARY.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN 06N AND 10N BOUNDED BY 142W AND 148W.

.RIDGE FROM 30N149W TO 24N160W TO 22N178E NEARLY STATIONARY AND 
ERODING FROM THE W.

.WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 10N AND 26N E OF 148W...AND BETWEEN 20N 
AND 26N BOUNDED BY 148W AND 154W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 13N AND 20N E OF 
148W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 18 TO 26 FT N OF A LINE FROM 26N168E TO 23N174E TO 30N170W. 
SEAS 12 TO 18 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 20N160E TO 20N174E TO 
30N166W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 15N160E TO 
17N173E TO 30N162E...AND E OF A LINE FROM 30N150W TO 12N164W TO 
10N160W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 19 FT N OF A LINE FROM 20N167E TO 
11N177E TO 20N168W TO 30N158W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A 
LINE FROM 13N160E TO 08N173E TO 20N160W TO 07N150W TO 10N140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 18 TO 21 FT N OF A LINE FROM 28N172E TO 
26N176E TO 30N174W.  SEAS 12 TO 18 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
25N166E TO 25N180E TO 11N172W TO 23N150W TO 30N148W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT OVER THE REMAINING AREA N OF A LINE FROM 16N160E TO 00S180W TO 
10N160W TO 10N140W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 08N150W TO 10N172W TO 10N175E.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 180 NM N OF THE ITCZ BETWEEN 167W AND 173W.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.