Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 06:40:15 -0600

915 
ATHW40 PHFO 131240
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC SAT NOV 13 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC NOVEMBER 13 2010

DENSE HIGH CLOUDS THAT HAVE TIME TO TIME BLANKETED THE MAIN 
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS THE PAST COUPLE OF DAYS HAVE THINNED SOMEWHAT.  
THE BULK OF THE CIRRUS NOW COVER THE BIG ISLAND EASTWARD WITH JUST A 
SLIVER STILL STANDING OVER THE SMALLER ISLANDS. THE PARTIAL CLEARING 
HAS ALLOW US TO VIEW THE LOW CLOUDS SITUATION AROUND THE MAIN 
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS.

JUDGING FROM THE LATEST SATELLITE LOOP...LOW CLOUDS COVERAGE IS 
SCATTERED TO BROKEN OVER THE KAUAI CHANNEL AND ADJACENT KAUAI 
WINDWARD WATERS. COVERAGE BECOMES BROKEN OVER THE WINDWARD COASTAL 
WATERS FROM OAHU TO THE BIG ISLAND. THE LEEWARD WATERS OF THE 
SMALLER ISLANDS ARE SCATTERED TO BROKEN. WEATHER RADAR SHOWS A SMALL 
BATCH OF SHOWERS MAKING ITS WAY ONSHORE OF WINDWARD OAHU. SCATTERED 
BUT LIGHT SHOWERS ARE ALSO REACHING WINDWARD MAUI AND KAUAI.

THE BAND OF SHOWERS NORTHEAST OF MAUI AND EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND 
EARLIER HAS UNDERGONE SOME DISSIPATION BUT STILL HOLD A DECENT 
AMOUNT OF SHOWERS AS IT PRESSES ON WEST AND SOUTHWARD. THE LEADING 
EDGE OF THIS BAND IS NOW A 100 MILES NORTHEAST OF MAUI.

THE SECOND AREA OF SHOWERS CONTINUES TO PASS WELL SOUTH OF THE BIG 
ISLAND. THE AREA/S NORTHERN FRINGE HAS BROUGHT SOME SCATTERED 
SHOWERS TO EASTERN BIG ISLAND ESPECIALLY THE PUNA DISTRICT. THE BAND 
OF HIGH CLOUDS IS OBSCURING THE CLOUDS AND SHOWERS BENEATH.

THE CIRRUS CLOUDS ARE LOCATED TO THE RIGHT OF THE UPPER LEVEL TROUGH 
AXIS...WITHIN 100 MILES EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 14N167W TO 
18N159W TO 18N152W TO 18N144W. ALSO TO THE RIGHT OF THE UPPER LEVEL 
TROUGH...AN AREA OF LAYERED CLOUDS WITH ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS 
WITHIN 120 MILES EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 06N179W TO 11N172W TO 
14N167W. THE UPPER LEVEL TROUGH AXIS EXTENDS FROM 06N180E TO 16N170W 
TO 19N166W TO 21N160W TO 22N153W TO 23N143W. A COUPLE OF 
THUNDERSTORMS ARE LOCATED IMMEDIATELY OUTSIDE THE CIRRUS AND LAYERED 
CLOUDS.

SCATTERED MODERATE THUNDERSTORMS ARE DETECTED BETWEEN 800 AND 1200 
MILES SOUTHEAST OF THE BIG ISLAND...WITHIN 120 MILES EITHER SIDE OF 
A LINE FROM 08N154W TO 09N146W TO 14N133W. THE TOPS OF THE STORMS 
HAVE TOUCHED 48000 FEET. THE AREA APPEARS TO BE ADVANCING 
NORTHWESTWARD SLOWLY.

THE LEADING EDGE OF A COLD FRONT IS 650 MILES AWAY FROM KAUAI.
LAYERED CLOUDS WITH ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE PRESENT WITHIN 120 
MILE EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 42N160W TO 35N165W TO 27N172W. THE 
FRONT CONTINUES SOUTHWESTWARD AS A BAND OF CUMULUS CLOUDS...80 MILES 
EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 27N172W TO 22N177W TO 21N165E.
 
$$

LAU

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.