Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 09:57:24 -0600

613 
FZPN01 KWBC 131557
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC SAT NOV 13 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 13. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 14. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 15. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 43N164E 1007 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 300 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N175E 997 MB. BETWEEN 60 NM AND 300 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE AND BETWEEN 180 NM AND 420 NM E QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 
50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 45N BETWEEN 173W 
AND 164E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N180W 994 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 360 NM 
NW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 30N TO 47N BETWEEN 153W AND 169E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 
TO 20 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 47N160W MOVING NE 35 KT. OVER 
FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 900 NM SE...1200 NM SW AND 540 NM W 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 26 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 
34N176W. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 43N BETWEEN 180W AND 168E WINDS 
LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 12 TO 27 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 32N179E WITH NW 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N140W 1004 MB. WITHIN 600 NM S QUADRANT 
AND WITHIN 240 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 47N146W TO 43N152W 
TO 30N157W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND. OVER FORECAST WATERS N 
OF 45N E OF 150W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT WITH MIXED 
SWELL.

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 42N BETWEEN 121W AND 129W N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 42N BETWEEN 122W AND 130W N WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 44N BETWEEN 
132W AND 142W N WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 35N TO 43N BETWEEN 124W AND 129W N WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 42N BETWEEN 
123W AND 136W N TO NE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NW OF A LINE FROM 30N161E TO 58N177E SE WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF 62N AREAS OF MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 63N AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING 
SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 60N160W 995 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. OVER ICE FREE FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 540 NM E AND 360 NM SE QUADRANTS AND N OF THE 
ALEUTIAN ISLANDS W OF 166W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 120 NM E QUADRANT WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 17 FT WITH W SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATED INLAND. N OF 60N W OF 165W WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NE OF A LINE FROM 63N171W TO 52N156W WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 540 NM S OF 
A LINE FROM 50N129W TO 49N151W TO 45N163W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 600 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
54N131W TO 47N160W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 360 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
52N142W TO 40N161W. 

.HIGH 39N134W 1042 MB MOVING W 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N140W 1039 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.HIGH 54N169E 1019 MB MOVING SE 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 50N176E 1026 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 53N178W 1040 MB.

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SAT NOV 13.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SUN NOV 14.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC MON NOV 15.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.N OF 12N W OF 124W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 10N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 13N TO 25N W OF 132W AND N OF 25N W OF 
125W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF 
LINE FROM 30N118W TO 20N125W TO 10N125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 24N W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 14 FT IN NE SWELL. FROM 10N TO 24N W OF 130W AND N OF 21N 
BETWEEN 116W AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN 
MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. 

.LOW PRES NEAR 11N109W 1012 MB. WITHIN 120 NM E SEMICIRCLE WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 10N111W 1010 MB. WITHIN 120 NM 
SE SEMICIRCLE OF LOW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
06N TO 14N BETWEEN 103W AND 113W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 
FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 11N111W 1010 MB. WITHIN 150 NM 
SE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 06N 
TO 13N BETWEEN 104W AND 113W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 25N NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 
8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 28N NW TO N WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.

.06 HOUR FORECAST FROM 03N TO 07N BETWEEN 80W AND 85W S TO SW 
WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 03N TO 07N BETWEEN 78W AND 85W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 03N TO 07N SW TO W WINDS WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC SAT NOV 13...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...07N90W TO 06N97W TO 10N107W TO 
10N120W TO 08N130W TO 11N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED 
STRONG FROM 05N TO 08N E OF 82W TO COAST OF COLOMBIA AND FROM 9N 
TO 13N BETWEEN 105W AND 111W. 

$$
FORECASTER PAW

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.