Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 16:11:09 -0600

135 
FZPN01 KWBC 132210
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC SAT NOV 13 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 13. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 14. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 15. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 41N168E 1002 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 
32N TO 45N W OF 172E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST 40N172E 997 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 300 NM W 
QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 13 TO 25 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N177E 995 MB. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 360 NM 
W SEMICIRCLE AND NE QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 29 
FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 46N BETWEEN 170W AND 165E WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N180W 994 MB. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 420 NM 
N SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
30N TO 48N BETWEEN 152W AND 170E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
26 FT...HIGHEST SW OF LOW. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.42 HOUR FORECAST NW OF A LINE FROM 60N178W TO 30N162E WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NW OF A LINE FROM 56N173E TO 36N160E WINDS 35 
TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE NW OF A LINE FROM 30N163E 
TO 62N174E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 50N155W 1002 MB MOVING NE 45 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 720 NM SE AND 1200 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 26 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 34N176W. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 
43N BETWEEN 180W AND 168E WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND. OVER FORECAST WATERS N 
OF 45N E OF 140W WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 WITH W 
SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 43N166W 999 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. EXCEPT AS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 50N155W ABOVE...WITHIN 300 NM LOW CENTER WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 45N BETWEEN 160W AND 
172E WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 26 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 
32N174W WITH MIXED SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N157W 1014 MB. WITHIN 180 NM W AND 240 
NM SE QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 180 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 
49N140W TO 40N154W TO 30N156W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 
FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N137W 1008 MB. WITHIN 240 NM EITHER SIDE 
OF A LINE FROM 48N128W TO 49N139W TO 58N155W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 15 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 33N TO 42N BETWEEN 124W AND 128W N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 240 NM EITHER 
SIDE OF A LINE FROM 42N129W TO 35N130W TO 31N138W WINDS TO 25 
KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 41N BETWEEN 124W AND 127W N WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 45N BETWEEN 
124W AND 135W N WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 42N BETWEEN 124W AND 130W N WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 43N BETWEEN 
123W AND 134W N TO NE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF 61N AREAS OF MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 62N AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING 
SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF 58N W OF 167W WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 61N WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 540 NM S OF 
A LINE FROM 51N130W TO 52N147W TO 45N162W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 660 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
53N130W TO 49N158W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 120 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
49N136W TO 41N162W. 

.HIGH 38N136W 1041 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST 41N143W 1039 MB. 

.HIGH 53N169E 1019 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 50N178E 1028 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 55N170W 1044 MB.

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N161E 1024 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SAT NOV 13.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SUN NOV 14.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC MON NOV 15.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 26N NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 
8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N OF 15.5N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 12N W OF 122W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT 
IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 09N W OF 120W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. FROM 09N 
TO 24N BETWEEN 111W AND 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 
FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 20N W OF 127W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. N OF 20N AND W OF A 
LINE FROM 20N127W TO 30N123W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 15 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL...HIGHEST ALONG 30N. ELSEWHERE 
N OF 10N AND W OF A LINE FROM 10N126W TO 30N117W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 21N AND W OF A LINE FROM 21N133W TO 
30N126W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT IN MIXED NE AND 
NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 10N AND W OF A LINE FROM 10N130W TO 
20N120W TO 30N117W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN 
MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.

.LOW PRES NEAR 11N109W 1012 MB MOVING W 5 KT. WITHIN 150 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM OF 
LOW WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 11N111W 1012 MB. WITHIN 180 NM 
SE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM OF 
LOW WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 12N111W 1013 MB. WITHIN 180 NM 
OF LOW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 13N BETWEEN 
105W AND 116W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN MIXED SW AND 
NW SWELL.

.FROM 03N TO 08N BETWEEN 80W AND 86W S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 02N TO 08N BETWEEN 80W AND 87W S TO SW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC SAT NOV 13...
.LOW PRES NEAR 07N87W...SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG WITHIN 180 
NM W QUADRANT.

.FROM 05N TO 08N BETWEEN 80W AND 83W...SCATTERED MODERATE.

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 06N89W TO LOW PRES 
NEAR 11N109W TO 09N120W TO 10N127W TO 10N140W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM E AND SE QUADRANTS OF LOW.

$$
FORECASTER LEWITSKY

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.