Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 16:45:10 -0600

651 
FZPN40 PHFO 132245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC SAT NOV 13 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 13 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 14 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 15 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N165W TO 24N173W TO 22N179E THENCE A STATIONARY 
FRONT TO 19N170E TO 18N160E. COLD FRONT MOVING E SLOWLY. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM W OF FRONT N OF 26N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N165W TO 20N180E TO 12N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N164W TO 20N180W TO 16N170E.

.FRONT JUST N OF FORECAST AREA.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N178E TO 27N167E TO 27N160E. WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT IN AREA N OF FRONT E OF 167E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N173W TO 24N180E TO 22N170E. WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT IN AREA N OF 28N BETWEEN 164W AND 175E.

.RIDGE FROM 30N152W TO 24N164W TO 21N179W MOVING S SLOWLY AND 
ERODING FROM THE W.

.RIDGE FROM 28N160E TO 24N176E MOVING E 10 KT. 

.WINDS 20 TO 30 KT IN AREA N OF 12N E OF 154W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 14N TO 28N E OF 
150W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA N OF 22N E OF 144W.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 15 TO 23 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N166W TO 20S178W TO 20S170E 
TO 30N170E TO 30N166W. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT ELSEWHERE IN AREA BOUNDED BY 
30N163W TO 14N180E TO 14N160E TO 30N160E TO 30N163W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT 
IN AREA N OF 10N E OF 156W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 17 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N153W TO 
12N170W TO 12N172E TO 30N165E TO 30N153W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE 
OVER WATERS N OF 08N. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 15 TO 20 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N173W TO 
23N180E TO 24N173E TO 30N168E TO 30N173W. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT ELSEWHERE 
N OF A LINE FROM 10N140W TO 00S170W TO 00N176E TO 15N160E.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 18N150W TO 
17N157W. 

.ITCZ FROM 10N140W TO 09N155W TO 10N175W TO 08N170E TO 07N160E. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF ITCZ.

$$
.FORECASTER BURKE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.