Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 21:46:10 -0600

866 
FZPN01 KWBC 140345
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC SUN NOV 14 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 14. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 15. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 16. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 41N170E 998 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. FROM 30N TO 45N W OF 177E 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST 39N172E 997 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 300 NM SW 
AND W QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 13 TO 25 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N179E 994 MB. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 360 NM 
W SEMICIRCLE AND NE QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 30 
FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 46N BETWEEN 167W AND 167E WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N179W 995 MB. BETWEEN 240 NM AND 540 NM 
N SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 20 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
30N TO 48N BETWEEN 165W AND 171E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
26 FT...HIGHEST SW OF LOW. 

...STORM WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NW OF A LINE FROM 42N160E TO 57N175E WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST NW OF A LINE FROM 40N164E TO 59N180W WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 48N TO 56N BETWEEN 174E AND 163E WINDS 35 
TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 40N TO 50N BETWEEN 
171E AND 163E...AND FROM 50N TO 59N W OF 180W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 54N145W 1003 MB MOVING NE 40 KT. WITHIN 780 NM SE OF A 
FRONT FROM LOW CENTER TO 50N157W...AND 120 NM NE OF A FRONT FROM 
LOW CENTER TO 54N139W TO 52N133W TO 48N129W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND WITH CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 44N165W 1002 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 420 NM NE...780 NM 
SE...240 NM W AND NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 
FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 1020 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
16 TO 24 FT WITH MIXED SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N152W 1018 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 600 NM SE OF A FRONT FROM 54N141W TO LOW CENTER TO 
30N164W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 54N128W 1004 MB. WITHIN 660 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 122W AND 130W N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 130W AND 140W N 
TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 42N BETWEEN 134W AND 130W N TO NE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 44N 
BETWEEN 122W AND 135W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 
FT. .48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 42N BETWEEN 123W AND 130W N TO 
NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 
43N BETWEEN 122W AND 140W N TO NE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 
FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N160E 1002 MB. FROM 30N TO 40N W OF 165E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 60N145W 1012 MB. WITHIN 480 NM SW 
QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF 61N AREAS OF MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 62N AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING 
SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF 58N W OF 167W WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 60N W OF 165W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 
FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 48N BETWEEN 150W AND 165W WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 600 NM SE OF 
A LINE FROM 54N138W TO 45N162W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 52N BETWEEN 134W AND 
154W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 44N BETWEEN 152W AND 
164W.

.HIGH 39N137W 1040 MB MOVING NW 05 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N140W 1039 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N143W 1038 MB. 

.HIGH 52N170E 1021 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 50N177E 1032 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 56N169W 1047 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 49N173W 1032 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGED WITH HIGH 56N169W.

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N164E 1026 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.FORECASTER HOLLEY. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SUN NOV 14.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC MON NOV 15.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC TUE NOV 16.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 25N NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.
SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N OF 15N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 20N W OF 124W N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN 
MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. FROM 12N TO 20N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 08N TO 20N W OF 111W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT 
PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 12N AND W OF A LINE FROM 12N135W TO 
30N125W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW 
SWELL...HIGHEST NEAR 30N130W. ELSEWHERE N OF 09N W OF 119W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NW OF A LINE FROM 23N140W TO 30N120W NE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 10N AND W OF A LINE FROM 10N135W TO 25N120W TO 
30N120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND 
NW SWELL.

.LOW PRES NEAR 10N109W 1012 MB MOVING NW 5 KT. WITHIN 150 NM OF 
CENTER WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 11N111W 1012 MB. WITHIN 180 NM 
SE AND S QUADRANTS WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 
13N BETWEEN 106W AND 119W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN 
MIXED SW AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 12N111W 1013 MB. WITHIN 180 NM 
SE AND S QUADRANTS WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 
14N BETWEEN 106W AND 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN 
MIXED SW AND NW SWELL.

.FROM 03N TO 08N BETWEEN 80W AND 86W S TO SW WINDS TO 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 04N TO 07N BETWEEN 80W AND 86W S TO SW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR N OF 04N E OF 84W S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0230 UTC SUN NOV 14...
.N OF 07N E OF 84W...SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG.

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 09N84W TO LOW PRES 
NEAR 07N87W TO 06N94W TO LOW PRES NEAR 11N109W TO 11N123W TO 
09N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
FORECASTER LEWITSKY

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.