Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 23:00:14 -0600

390 
ATHW40 PHFO 140500
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC SUN NOV 14 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0430 UTC NOVEMBER 14 2010

SKIES ARE CLEAR TO PARTLY CLOUDY ACROSS THE ISLAND CHAIN THIS EARLY 
EVENING.  LOW CEILINGS ARE MAINLY CONFINED TO MAUKA AREAS OF THE 
SMALLER ISLES AND WEST MAUI...THE WEST-FACING SLOPES OF HALEAKALA IN 
EAST MAUI...AND THE MOUNTAIN SLOPES IN KOHALA ON THE BIG ISLAND.  
LOW CLOUD MOVEMENT IS FROM THE EAST TO EAST-SOUTHEAST BETWEEN 20 AND 
25 MPH STATEWIDE.

CONDITIONS ARE PREDOMINANTLY CLEAR TO SCATTERED IN THE ADJACENT 
COASTAL WATERS.

LOOKING ALOFT ABOVE 25 THOUSAND FEET...A SEGMENT OF A TROUGH IS 
ALONG A LINE FROM 25N151W TO 22N154.5W TO JUST OVER THE ALENUIHAHA 
CHANNEL TO 19N159W. THE FEATURE APPEARS TO BE ROTATING IN A 
COUNTERCLOCKWISE DIRECTION AT 10 TO 15 MPH.  THE SYSTEM IS INDUCING 
SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS NORTH OF THE ISLES FROM OAHU TO 
THE BIG ISLAND...AND IN THE AREA TO THE SOUTHEAST CLOCKWISE THROUGH 
SOUTHWEST OF THE BIG ISLAND.  THE SHOWERS AND CLOUDINESS NORTH OF 
THE STATE ARE PARALLELING THE ISLES AT THE MOMENT...HEADING 
GENERALLY IN A WEST-NORTHWEST DIRECTION.  THE AREAS OF PRECIPITATION 
SOUTH OF THE BIG ISLAND ARE PUSHING TOWARD THE WEST.  THESE CLOUDS 
AND SHOWERS CURRENTLY EXIST JUST BEYOND THE ADJACENT COASTAL 
WATERS.

MULTILAYERED CLOUDS AND SHOWERS ASSOCIATED WITH A FRONT ARE MORE 
THAN 500 MILES NORTHWEST OF KAUAI AS OF BULLETIN TIME.  THE FRONT 
APPEARS TO BE MOVING SLOWLY TOWARD THE EAST AND SOUTHEAST...POSSIBLY 
BECOMING STATIONARY.  MOST OF THE CLOUDINESS WITH THE BOUNDARY IS 
NOW CENTERED ALONG A LINE FROM 30N167.5W TO 26.5N170W TO 24N175W TO 
22.5N180.

UNORGANIZED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE FIRING FAR SOUTH OF HAWAII 
ALONG THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE.  MOST OF THE ACTIVITY IS 
LOCATED FROM 07N TO 11N BETWEEN 148W AND 173W.  ANOTHER BAND OF 
CONVECTION IS FOUND FROM 12N TO 15N BETWEEN 140W AND 150W.
 
$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.