Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 03:45:06 -0600

521 
FZPN01 KWBC 140945
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC SUN NOV 14 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 14. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 15. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 16. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 39N172E 997 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. BETWEEN 60 NM AND 180 NM 
N...BETWEEN 120 NM AND 300 NM SW AND W QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 
KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 45N W OF 176W WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N180W 995 MB. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 420 NM 
W SEMICIRCLE AND NE QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 30 
FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 47N BETWEEN 168W AND 168E WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N178W 998 MB. BETWEEN 240 NM AND 480 NM 
N SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 20 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
30N TO 50N BETWEEN 170W AND 171E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
24 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 56N137W 1002 MB MOVING NE 40 KT. WITHIN 660 NM SE OF A 
FRONT FROM LOW CENTER TO 50N151W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND WITH CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 45N163W 1007 MB MOVING NE 40 KT. WITHIN 540 NM NE...840 NM 
SE...240 NM W AND NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 
FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 900 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
14 TO 24 FT WITH MIXED SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N142W 1018 MB. FROM 44N TO 53N BETWEEN 
131W AND 155W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND. WITHIN 360 NM NE OF A 
LINE FROM 50N140W TO 44N129W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 
FT. 
...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 123W AND 131W N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 131W AND 
140W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 41N BETWEEN 123W AND 130W N TO NE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 37N 
BETWEEN 130W AND 140W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 
FT. .48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 31N TO 40N BETWEEN 124W AND 130W N TO 
NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 
36N BETWEEN 124W AND 140W N TO NE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 
FT. 

..GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NW OF A LINE FROM 42N160E TO 57N176E S TO SE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.30 HOUR FORECAST NW OF A LINE FROM 40N166E TO 50N170E TO 
52N179E S TO SE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 50N TO 60N W OF 176W SE WINDS 30 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N162E 1001 MB. FROM 30N TO 50N W OF 170E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 60N145W 1012 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S AND 
SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 420 NM NW OF A LINE FROM 40N164W TO 
46N151W NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF 62N AREAS OF MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 62N AREAS OF LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING 
SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF 58N W OF 167W WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 60N W OF 165W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 
FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 150W AND 170W WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 540 NM SE OF 
A LINE FROM 55N136W TO 47N161W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 240 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
54N139W TO 40N160W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 240 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
46N153W TO 39N165W.

.HIGH 39N139W 1040 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N142W 1036 MB. 

.HIGH 52N171E 1023 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 51N176W 1037 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 55N168W 1050 MB. 

.FORECASTER HOLLEY. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SUN NOV 14.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC MON NOV 15.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC TUE NOV 16.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.N OF 20N W OF 125W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. FROM 
13N TO 20N BETWEEN 115W AND 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 
FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 11N W OF 135W AND N OF 25N BETWEEN 127W 
AND 135W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN MIXED NE AND 
NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 30N120W TO 12N125W TO 09N140W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 25N W OF 130W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 13 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 30N125W 
TO 10N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE 
AND NW SWELL.

.LOW PRES NEAR 11N111W 1012 MB MOVING NW 5 KT. WITHIN 120 NM OF 
CENTER WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 11N111W 1012 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S 
AND 90 NM N SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 12N109W 1013 MB. FROM 06N TO 12N 
BETWEEN 105W AND 111W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN SW 
SWELL.

.FROM 04N TO 07N BETWEEN 79W AND 83W SW WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 
8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 04N TO 07N BETWEEN 80W AND 85W S TO SW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FROM 04N TO 08N E OF 83W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 27N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 90 NM OF COAST N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC SUN NOV 14...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...07N89W TO 11N110W TO 10N125W TO 
10N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
FORECASTER DGS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.