Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 05:13:04 -0600

994 
FZPN40 PHFO 141112 CCA
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC SUN NOV 14 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 14 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 15 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 16 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N164W TO 24N170W TO 19N171E.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS N OF 25N BETWEEN 165W AND 171W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N165W TO 27N168W TO 26N172W TO 
21N180E TO 19N175E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MERGED WITH FRONT DESCRIBED BELOW.

.FRONT FROM 30N168E TO 28N162E MOVING ESE 30 KT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N179E TO 26N173E.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
N OF 28N BETWEEN 170E AND 177W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N176W TO 23N174E.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
N OF 28N BETWEEN 172E AND 173W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N168W TO 21N177W TO 18N176E MERGED 
WITH FRONT DESCRIBED ABOVE.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 240 NM E OF 
FRONT N OF 28N...AND N OF 28N BETWEEN 175E AND 175W.

.42 HOUR FORECAST FRONT JUST NW FORECAST AREA.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N 
OF 28N W OF 163E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N162E TO 29N160E.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
N OF 28N W OF 165E.

.RIDGE FROM 26N163E TO 29N174W.  RIDGE MOVING S 10 KT E END AND 
MOVING S SLOWLY W END.

.RIDGE FROM 30N151W TO 21N166W TO 20N176W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.WINDS 20 TO 30 KT BETWEEN 20N AND 27N E OF 154W.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
BETWEEN 15N AND 20N E OF 150W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 20N AND 28N E OF 
150W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 19 FT N OF A LINE FROM 14N170E TO 14N178W TO 30N157W. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 10N160E TO 10N180E TO 
20N160W TO 08N150W TO 08N140W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 18 TO 22 FT N OF A LINE FROM 27N171E TO 
27N180E TO 30N176W.  SEAS 12 TO 18 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
25N165E TO 25N180W TO 11N170W TO 24N148W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT OVER 
REMAINING AREA N OF A LINE FROM 17N160E TO 01N180W TO 08N162W TO 
08N140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 19 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N163E TO 
18N180W TO 30N161W.  SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF 24N E OF 150W.  SEAS 8 TO 
12 FT REST OF AREA N OF A LINE FROM 20N160E TO 00N179W TO 00S154W TO 
16N140W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 13N145W TO 09161W TO 09N173W TO 07N180E TO 06N164W. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN 07N AND 10N BOUNDED BY 147W AND 
162W...AND ELSEWHERE WITHIN 90 NM OF THE ITCZ.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.