Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 06:00:07 -0600

811 
ATHW40 PHFO 141200
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1200 UTC SUN NOV 14 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1130 UTC NOVEMBER 14 2010

LOW CEILINGS ARE FAVORING WINDWARD AND MAUKA SECTIONS ON THE 
INDIVIDUAL ISLES THIS EARLY MORNING.  THIS HAS BEEN ESPECIALLY THE 
CASE OVER OAHU...EAST MAUI...AND THE HILO AND PUNA DISTRICTS ON THE 
BIG ISLAND.  LEEWARD AREAS ARE MAINLY CLEAR TO PARTLY CLOUDY.  LOW 
CLOUD MOTION IS FROM THE EAST TO EAST-SOUTHEAST BETWEEN 20 AND 25 
MPH ACROSS THE ALOHA STATE.

LOW...MIDDLE...AND HIGH CLOUDS ARE SCATTERED...FOR THE MOST PART... 
IN THE WATERS SURROUNDING THE ISLANDS.  PATCHES OF LOW CLOUDS...ON 
THE OTHER HAND...ARE BROKEN JUST NORTH OF OAHU...SOUTHWEST OF MAUI 
COUNTY...AND...OCCASIONALLY...NORTHEAST OF THE BIG ISLAND.  MIDDLE 
CLOUDS ARE BROKEN...AT LEAST FROM TIME TO TIME...IMMEDIATELY SOUTH 
AND SOUTHEAST OF KAUAI.

IN THE UPPER AIR ABOVE 25 THOUSAND FEET...A SEGMENT OF A TROUGH IS 
ALONG A LINE FROM 25N151W TO 22N153W TO JUST OVER THE BIG ISLAND TO 
18N158W.  THE FEATURE HAS ROTATED COUNTERCLOCKWISE NEAR 10 MPH OVER 
THE PAST SEVEN HOURS.  MOST OF THE CONVECTION...SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS...THAT THE SYSTEM HAD IGNITED LAST EVENING HAS 
DISSIPATED...THOUGH SCATTERED ACTIVITY REMAINS 120 MILES NORTH OF 
KAUAI AND 130 MILES NORTH OF MOLOKAI.

A FRONT IS NEARLY STATIONARY MORE THAN 500 MILES NORTHWEST OF 
KAUAI.  THE BOUNDARY CONSISTS OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED 
CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED SHOWERS...AND POSSIBLY ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS.  
MOST OF THE CLOUDINESS IS CURRENTLY CENTERED ALONG A LINE FROM 
30N166W TO 26N168.5W TO 24N174W TO 22N180.

SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS FAR SOUTH OF HAWAII ALONG THE 
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE REMAIN UNORGANIZED...THOUGH THEY HAVE 
INTENSIFIED SINCE LAST EVENING.  MOST OF THE CONVECTION IS FIRING 
FROM 07N TO 11N BETWEEN 147W AND 168W.  MORE ACTIVITY IS OCCURRING 
FROM 12.5N TO 15.5N BETWEEN 140W AND 151W.
 
$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.