Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 10:20:31 -0600

617 
FZPN01 KWBC 141620
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC SUN NOV 14 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 14. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 15. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 16. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 39N177E 996 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 420 NM 
SW AND WITHIN 240 NM N SEMICIRCLES WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 
26 FT...HIGHEST SW SEMICIRCLE. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 46N BETWEEN 
173W AND 162E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 19 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N180W 995 MB. BETWEEN 240 NM AND 480 NM 
NW SEMICIRCLE AND BETWEEN 120 NM AND 300 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 35 
TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 30 FT...HIGHEST NW SEMICIRCLE. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 30N TO 48N BETWEEN 152W AND 170E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 
TO 23 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N177W 1000 MB. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 840 NM 
N AND NE QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 27 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 50N BETWEEN 150W AND 170E WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 56N134W 1006 MB MOVING E 40 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 
480 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND WITH CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 47N158W 1012 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. WITHIN 300 NM NE...540 NM 
SE AND 360 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN AN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 30N173W TO 
45N173W TO 53N148W TO 47N132W TO 30N155W BACK TO 30N173W WINDS 
LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT WITH MIXED SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N141W 1013 MB. WITHIN 600 NM W AND 540 
NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE NE 
AND N OF A LINE FROM 54N163W TO 44N149W TO 46N126W WINDS LESS 
THAN 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT WITH MIXED SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND. OVER FORECAST WATERS N 
OF 45N E OF 140W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 11 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 123W AND 132W N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 30N TO 
35N BETWEEN 120W AND 135W N TO NE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT 
WITH NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 42N BETWEEN 123W AND 132W N TO NE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 37N 
BETWEEN 130W AND 140W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT 
WITH NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 42N BETWEEN 124W AND 129W N TO NE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 36N 
BETWEEN 124W AND 150W N TO NE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT 
WITH NE SWELL. 

..GALE WARNING... 
.12 HOUR FORECAST NW OF A LINE FROM 41N160E TO 56N173E WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NW OF A LINE FROM 30N161E TO 58N178E WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 50N W OF 172W WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N160E 1001 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N164E 998 MB. FROM 30N TO 50N W OF 170E 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 58N144W 1016 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 660 NM W AND 540 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 18 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF 62N AREAS OF MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF 60N W OF 165W WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 60N W OF 165W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 
FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 40N TO 50N 
BETWEEN 130W AND 160W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 240 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
54N138W TO 40N161W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 240 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
44N151W TO 39N165W. 

.HIGH 40N140W 1042 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N140W 1033 MB. 

.HIGH 52N175E 1026 MB MOVING E 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 52N176W 1041 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 56N168W 1052 MB. 

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SUN NOV 14.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC MON NOV 15.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC TUE NOV 16.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.N OF 11N AND W OF LINE 11N130W TO 20N130W TO 30N125W NE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT EXCEPT TO 30 KT N OF 27N BETWEEN 125W AND 132W. SEAS 
8 TO 13 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL EXCEPT 13 TO 15 FT N OF 27N 
BETWEEN 125W AND 132W. FROM 13N TO 17N BETWEEN 118W AND 130W NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED NW SWELL AND NE WIND 
WAVES.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 11N W OF 135W AND N OF 25N BETWEEN 127W 
AND 135W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN MIXED NE AND 
NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 30N120W TO 12N125W TO 09N140W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 26N140W TO 30N128W NE WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 11 TO 13 FT IN MIXED N AND NE SWELL AND BUILDING NW 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 30N124W TO 12N140W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED N AND NW SWELL.

.LOW PRES NEAR 10.5N111W 1011 MB MOVING NW 5 KT. WITHIN 240 NM 
IN ALL BUT SW QUADRANT WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 11N111.5W 1011 MB. WITHIN 240 NM 
OF CENTER WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 11.5N112W 1012 MB. WITHIN 300 NM 
SE SEMICIRCLE OF CENTER S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN 
SW SWELL.

.FROM 03N TO 08N BETWEEN 79W AND 86W SW WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 
8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR N OF 03.5N BETWEEN 78W AND 82W S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 28N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1430 UTC SUN NOV 14...

.SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATES STRONG NOTED FROM 03N TO 08N E OF 
82W. 

.SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG WITHIN 150 NM OF 12N114.5W.

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ANALYZED ALONG 09N85W TO 
06N90W TO 10N106W TO LOW PRES 1011 MB NEAR 10N111W TO 08.5N115W 
TO 11N125W TO LOW PRES 1013 MB NEAR 10N131W TO 08N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG CONVECTION WAS NOTED WITHIN 90 NM N 
OF AXIS BETWEEN 108W AND 112W. SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG 
CONVECTION WAS NOTED WITHIN 150 NM S OF AXIS BETWEEN 127W AND 
133W.

$$
FORECASTER STRIPLING

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.