Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 10:45:11 -0600

342 
FZPN40 PHFO 141645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC SUN NOV 14 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 14 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 15 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 16 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WEAK STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N166W TO 25N169W TO 17N162E.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM OF THE FRONT N OF 25N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N167W TO 28N171W TO 22N177W TO 
18N176E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MERGED WITH FRONT DESCRIBED BELOW.

.FRONT FROM 30N177E TO 26N170E TO 26N164E MOVING ESE 25 KT.  WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT N OF 29N BETWEEN 172E AND 178E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N174W TO 25N180E.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
N OF 29N BETWEEN FRONT AND 175E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N167W TO 24N170W TO 17N170E MERGED 
WITH FRONT DESCRIBED ABOVE.  WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 300 NM E OF 
FRONT N OF 26N.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 28N BETWEEN 176E AND 174W.

.36 HOUR FORECAST FRONT JUST NW OF FORECAST AREA.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
N OF 28N W OF 164E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N164E TO 27N160E.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
N OF 28N W OF 167E.

.WEAK RIDGE FROM 24N160W TO 20N176W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 24N168W TO 28N177W MOVING S 10 KT AND WEAKENING.

.WINDS 20 TO 30 KT BETWEEN 15N AND 29N E OF 154W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 19 FT N OF A LINE FROM 14N170E TO 14N178W TO 30N157W. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 10N160E TO 10N180E TO 
20N160W TO 08N150W TO 08N140W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 18 TO 22 FT N OF A LINE FROM 27N171E TO 
27N180E TO 30N176W.  SEAS 12 TO 18 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
25N165E TO 25N180W TO 11N170W TO 24N148W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT OVER 
REMAINING AREA N OF A LINE FROM 17N160E TO 01N180W TO 08N162W TO 
08N140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 19 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N163E TO 
18N180W TO 30N161W.  SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF 24N E OF 150W.  SEAS 8 TO 
12 FT REST OF AREA N OF A LINE FROM 20N160E TO 00N179W TO 00S154W TO 
16N140W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN 14N AND 16N BOUNDED BY 145W AND 
149W.

.ITCZ FROM 07N140W TO 11N150W TO 09N160W TO 09N174W TO 07N180E TO 
06N164W.  ISOLATED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS BETWEEN 07N AND 09N 
BOUNDED BY 149W AND 163W.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
60 NM OF THE ITCZ.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.