Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 12:33:49 -0600

848 
ATHW40 PHFO 141833
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC SUN NOV 14 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC NOVEMBER 14 2010

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH NEAR 30N170W...OR 
ABOUT 500 MILES EAST NORTHEAST OF MIDWAY ATOLL. THIS TROUGH IS 
MOVING TO THE EAST NORTHEAST AT 25 MPH. THE LEADING EDGE OF A CLOUD 
BAND ASSOCIATED WITH A COLD FRONT EXTENDS FROM 30N160W TO 23N170W TO 
19N180...AND IS UP TO 300 MILES WIDE. THE OVERALL BAND IS MOVING TO 
THE EAST AT 20 MPH EAST OF 170W...AND IS NEARLY STATIONARY WEST OF 
170W. THE BAND IS COMPOSED OF OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS EAST OF 
172W...WITH EMBEDDED CUMULONIMBUS CLOUDS EXTENDING UP TO 40000 FT. 
WEST OF 172W...THE BAND IS COMPOSED OF OVERCAST CUMULUS AND TOWERING 
CUMULUS CLOUDS...WITH CLOUD TOPS EXTENDING UP TO 15000 FT. 

FARTHER TO THE NORTHWEST...AN AREA OF ACTIVE CUMULONIMBUS CLOUDS IS 
LOCATED NEAR 30N180...OR ABOUT 150 MILES NORTHWEST OF MIDWAY. THESE 
CLOUDS ARE ASSOCIATED WITH A DEEP UPPER LOW LOCATED NEAR 37N178E... 
OR ABOUT 700 MILES NORTH NORTHWEST OF MIDWAY. CLOUD MOTION IS TO THE 
EAST AT 40 MPH...AND CLOUD TOPS EXTEND UP TO 35000 FT. 

SOUTHEAST OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...ISOLATED CUMULONIMBUS 
CLOUDS ARE LOCATED GENERALLY SOUTH OF 18N BETWEEN 145W AND 152W. 
THIS AREA IS ABOUT 300 MILES SOUTHEAST OF THE BIG ISLAND AT ITS 
CLOSEST POINT. THESE CLOUDS ARE ASSOCIATED WITH A 50 KNOT WEST 
SOUTHWESTERLY UPPER LEVEL JET. CLOUD TOPS EXTEND UP TO 46000 FT. 
THIS CONVECTION IS EMBEDDED IN A LARGER AREA OF MIDDLE AND HIGH 
LEVEL CLOUDS THAT IS PARTIALLY DEBRIS FROM THIS CONVECTION AND 
ADDITIONAL CONVECTION UPSTREAM IN THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE 
ZONE. INDIVIDUAL CUMULONIMBUS CELLS ARE NEARLY STATIONARY...WHILE 
THE NEARBY HIGH CLOUDS ARE MOVING TO THE EAST AND NORTHEAST AT 30 
MPH. 

ACROSS THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...BROKEN LOW CLOUDS COVER THE 
EASTERN HALF OF KAUAI AND PORTIONS OF NIIHAU. BROKEN LOW CLOUDS 
COVER THE WINDWARD COAST OF OAHU AND WINDWARD SLOPES OF THE KOOLAU 
RANGE. BROKEN LOW CLOUDS COVER NORTHEAST MOLOKAI EAST OF A LINE FROM 
KALAUPAPA TO KAMALO...AND ALSO LEEWARD SECTIONS OF LANAI. THE WEST 
MAUI MOUNTAINS ARE MOSTLY CLEAR...WITH BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ACROSS THE 
EASTERN SLOPES OF HALEAKALA FROM KEANAE TO HANA TO NUU BELOW 7000 
FT. 

THE BIG ISLAND IS MOSTLY CLEAR. A 5 MILE WIDE BAND OF LOW CLOUDS IS 
LOCATED JUST OFFSHORE OF NORTH KOHALA AND HAMAKUA DISTRICTS. A 
LARGER AREA OF CLOUDS COVERS A PORTION OF EASTERN PUNA DISTRICT. 
THESE CLOUDS ARE LOCATED JUST OFFSHORE OF NORTH AND SOUTH HILO 
DISTRICT...AND EXTEND 100 MILES TO THE NORTHEAST. ANOTHER AREA OF 
CLOUDS IS LOCATED JUST OFFSHORE OF SOUTH POINT...AND EXTENDS 60 
MILES OFFSHORE TO THE SOUTHEAST OF KAU DISTRICT. 

$$

BRAVENDER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.