Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 16:16:04 -0600

744 
FZPN01 KWBC 142216
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC SUN NOV 14 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 14. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 15. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 16. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 39N177E 996 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 360 NM 
NE AND BETWEEN 240 NM AND 420 NM SW SEMICIRCLES WINDS 35 TO 50 
KT. SEAS 14 TO 28 FT...HIGHEST SW SEMICIRCLE. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N 
TO 45N BETWEEN 170W AND 165E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N177W 997 MB. BETWEEN 240 NM AND 540 NM 
N SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
30N TO 48N BETWEEN 150W AND 170E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N175W 1000 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 
38N TO 48N BETWEEN 160W AND 175E WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM S AND BETWEEN 420 NM AND 840 NM E 
QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 49N156W 1014 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. WITHIN AN AREA BOUNDED BY 
A LINE FROM 30N170W TO 43N170W TO 55N140W TO 44N140W TO 30N152W 
BACK TO 30N170W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT WITH MIXED 
SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N136W 1003 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 57N153W TO 50N142W TO 50N128W WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 16 FT. ALSO OVER FORECAST WATERS NE AND 
E OF A LINE FROM 55N160W TO 44N150W TO 45N124W WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 12 FT WITH MIXED SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND. OVER FORECAST WATERS N 
OF 45N E OF 135W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 11 TO 17 FT WITH W TO NW 
SWELL. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.30 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N160E 1000 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N166E 995 MB. WITHIN 240 NM W SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 50N W 
OF 175E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 14 TO 19 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 41N BETWEEN 124W AND 132W N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 30N TO 
35N BETWEEN 120W AND 135W N TO NE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT 
WITH NE SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 42N BETWEEN 123W AND 130W N TO NE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 37N 
BETWEEN 130W AND 140W N TO NE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT 
WITH NE SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 42N BETWEEN 124W AND 128W N TO NE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 36N 
BETWEEN 124W AND 150W N TO NE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT 
WITH E TO NE SWELL. 

..GALE WARNING... 
.06 HOUR FORECAST NW OF A LINE FROM 41N160E TO 56N173E S WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NW OF A LINE FROM 56N173E TO 35N160E WINDS 30 
TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE NW OF A LINE FROM 30N162E 
TO 58N178E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 48N W OF 170W WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 58N142W 1008 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 660 NM W AND 720 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 18 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF 62N AREAS OF MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 42N E OF 140W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 11 
TO 17 FT WITH W TO NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF 60N W OF 165W WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 60N W OF 165W WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 
TO 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 42N TO 52N 
BETWEEN 130W AND 158W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 240 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
43N153W TO 40N163W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 120 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
41N157W TO 40N165W. 

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
WITHIN 120 NM E OF A LINE FROM 53N167E TO 42N165E. 

.HIGH 40N139W 1042 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N138W 1031 MB. 

.HIGH 51N175E 1029 MB MOVING E 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST MERGED WITH HIGH 52N175W NOTED BELOW.

.HIGH 47N173W 1030 MB MOVING N 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 52N175W 1044 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 59N167W 1051 MB.

.HIGH 39N160E 1025 MB MOVING NE 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SUN NOV 14.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC MON NOV 15.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC TUE NOV 16.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.N OF 11N AND W OF LINE 30N125W TO 20N130W TO 11N130W NE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT EXCEPT TO 30 KT N OF 28N BETWEEN 127W AND 133W. SEAS 
8 TO 13 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL EXCEPT 13 TO 15 FT N OF 28N 
BETWEEN 127W AND 133W. FROM 13N TO 17N BETWEEN 118W AND 130W NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED NW SWELL AND NE WIND 
WAVES.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N127W TO 23N140W NE WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT...EXCEPT TO 30 KT ALONG 30N. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT IN MIXED NE 
AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 11N W OF 132W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
9 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 30N120W TO 
12N125W TO 07N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED 
NE AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N128W TO 26N140W NE WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 11 TO 13 FT IN MIXED N AND NE SWELL AND BUILDING NW 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 30N124W TO 12N140W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED N AND NW SWELL.

.LOW PRES NEAR 11N111W 1011 MB MOVING NW 5 KT. WITHIN 240 NM OF 
LOW EXCEPT W QUADRANT WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 11N112W 1011 MB. LITTLE CHANGE 
IN WINDS AND SEAS. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 12N113W 1012 MB. WITHIN 300 NM 
SE SEMICIRCLE OF CENTER S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN SW 
SWELL.

.FROM 03N TO 08N BETWEEN 79W AND 85W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR N OF 04N BETWEEN 78W AND 82W S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 9 FT. 

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 28N NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2115 UTC SUN NOV 14...

.SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 03N TO 08N E OF 82W. 

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ANALYZED ALONG 09N84W TO 
07N95W TO LOW PRES 1011 MB NEAR 11N111W TO 09N115W TO 10N130W TO 
08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 120 TO 
180 NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN 108W AND 115W...AND WITHIN 120 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 127W AND 132W.

$$
FORECASTER COBB

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.