Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 16:45:11 -0600

970 
FZPN40 PHFO 142245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC SUN NOV 14 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 14 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 15 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 16 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N164W TO 25N170W TO 17N172E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM OF THE FRONT N OF 26N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N164W TO 23N174W TO 18N173E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MERGED WITH FRONT DESCRIBED BELOW.

.FRONT FROM 30N178W TO 27N176E TO 25N16WE MOVING ESE 20 KT. WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT IN AREA N OF 28N BETWEEN 170E AND 178W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N173W TO 25N180W 22N170E. WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT IN AREA N OF 18N BETWEEN 174E AND 176W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MERGED WITH ABOVE FRONT FROM 30N164W TO 
22N175W TO 18N174E. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF A LINE FROM 28N158W TO 
27N165W TO 18N178E.

.36 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N163E TO 28N160E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
IN AREA N OF 28N W OF 163E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N166E TO 26N160E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
IN AREA N OF 28N W OF 169E.

.RIDGE FROM 30N153W TO 23N164W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 30N163E TO 26N167E MOVING E SLOWLY.

.WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA N OF 15N E OF 154W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA N OF 24N E OF 145W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 18 FT IN AREA N OF A LINE FROM 30N148W TO 13N170W TO 
13N175W TO 30N162E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
10N140W TO 08N170W TO 08N170E TO 15N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 13 TO 20 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N171W TO 
22N177W TO 22N170E TO 30N167E. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 
FROM 10N140W TO 00N170W TO 00N178E TO 20N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 16 N OF A LINE FROM 30N160W TO 20N172W 
TO 20N170E TO 30N165E. SEAS 12 TO 13 FT IN AREA N OF 22N E OF 150W. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 15N140W TO 00N150W TO 
00N178W TO 20N160E.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA FROM 14N AND 19N BETWEEN 143W AND 
151W. 

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 10N150W TO 09N170W TO 06N178E TO 07N160E.  
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF ITCZ BETWEEN 155W AND 
165W...AND WITHIN 90 NM OF ITCZ W OF 175E.

$$
.FORECASTER BURKE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.