Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 21:43:23 -0600

772 
FZPN01 KWBC 150343
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC MON NOV 15 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 15. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 16. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 17. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 37N179E 994 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 300 NM W 
AND BETWEEN 180 NM AND 360 NM NE SEMICIRCLES WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. 
SEAS 17 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 46N BETWEEN 169W AND 
167E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N178W 998 MB. BETWEEN 300 NM AND 540 NM 
N QUADRANT WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER 
FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 1200 NM NE...240 NM SE...540 NM SW...AND 
840 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N174W 999 MB. BETWEEN 360 NM AND 660 NM 
NE QUADRANT WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 29 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 840 NM NE...780 NM SE...AND 960 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 53N149W 1016 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 540 NM SE...780 NM 
S...AND 480 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 11 TO 15 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N140W 1011 MB. WITHIN 600 NM SE...480 NM 
SW...AND 600 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N131W 1000 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM S 
AND 300 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND AND CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED.

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N160E 1000 MB. WITHIN 180 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N168E 995 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW AND W 
QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER 
FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 600 NM S QUADRANT AND 360 NM W SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 21 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 43N BETWEEN 124W AND 138W AREA OF N TO NE WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 42N BETWEEN 123W AND 139W AREA OF 
N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 33N TO 42N BETWEEN 123W AND 129W AREA OF 
N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT. 

..GALE WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 52N170E TO 44N160E AREA OF S WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 51N178E TO 43N162E AREA OF S 
TO SE WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF A LINE FROM 64N168W 
TO 52N174W TO 50N169E AREA OF S TO SE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N144W 1011 MB. WITHIN 540 NM S AND 480 
NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N142W 1009 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 120 NM NE...780 NM SW...AND 240 NM NW QUADRANTS...AND 
BETWEEN 540 NM AND 900 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 18 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF 62N AREAS OF MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 43N TO 53N 
BETWEEN 132W AND 155W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 36N TO 44N BETWEEN 151W AND 
165W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 37N TO 41N BETWEEN 155W AND 
166W.

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM N 
OF 42N BETWEEN 171E AND 167E. 

.HIGH 41N140W 1040 MB MOVING W 05 KT AND TURNING SE AFTER 24 
HOURS. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N143W 1037 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N139W 1027 MB.  

.HIGH 48N171W 1033 MB MOVING NW 30 KT AND TURNING SE AFTER 24 
HOURS. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 59N173W 1047 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 56N167W 1052 MB. 

.HIGH 51N177E 1033 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST MERGED WITH HIGH 59N173W. 

.FORECASTER BELL. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC MON NOV 15.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC TUE NOV 16.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC WED NOV 17.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.N OF 11N AND W OF LINE 30N126W TO 20N130W TO 11N132W NE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT EXCEPT TO 30 KT ALONG 30N BETWEEN 128W AND 133W. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL EXCEPT 12 TO 14 FT N OF 
27N BETWEEN 128W AND 133W. FROM 13N TO 17N BETWEEN 118W AND 130W 
NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED NW SWELL AND NE WIND 
WAVES.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N127W TO 24N140W NE WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT...EXCEPT TO 30 KT ALONG 30N W OF 135W. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT IN 
MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 30N123W TO 12N125W 
TO 07N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE AND 
NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N128W TO 26N140W NE WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 11 TO 13 FT PRIMARILY IN BUILDING NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF 
LINE 30N122W TO 10N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
IN BUILDING NW SWELL.

.LOW PRES NEAR 11N111W 1010 MB DRIFTING W. WITHIN 240 NM OF 
LOW EXCEPT W QUADRANT WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 11N112W 1010 MB. WITHIN 240 NM 
SE SEMICIRCLE OF CENTER S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN SW 
SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 12N113W 1010 MB. LITTLE CHANGE 
IN WINDS AND SEAS.

.FROM 03N TO 08N BETWEEN 79W AND 85W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR N OF 04N BETWEEN 78W AND 82W S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 8 FT. 

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0215 UTC MON NOV 15...

.LOW PRES 1010 MB NEAR 11N111W...SCATTERED STRONG WITHIN 120 NM 
NE QUADRANT. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG ELSEWHERE FROM 
08N TO 13N BETWEEN 109W AND 115W.

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ANALYZED ALONG 09N84W TO 
06N95W TO LOW PRES 1011 MB NEAR 11N111W TO 09N120W TO 10N130W TO 
07N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 120 NM EITHER SIDE 
OF AXIS BETWEEN 128W AND 134W.

$$
FORECASTER COBB

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.