Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 22:45:15 -0600

739 
FZPN40 PHFO 150445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC MON NOV 15 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 15 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 16 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 17 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N164W TO 24N172W TO 19N173E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT N OF 27N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N165W TO 24N172W TO 17N170E. WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT WITHIN 120 NM OF FRONT N OF 27N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MERGED WITH FRONT DESCRIBED BELOW.

.FRONT FROM 30N177W TO 26N179E TO 24N173E TO 24N164E MOVING ESE 20 
KT. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT IN AREA N OF 28N BETWEEN 170E AND 176W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N171W TO 23N178E. WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT IN AREA N OF 28N BETWEEN 174E AND 175W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MERGED WITH ABOVE FRONT FROM 30N163W TO 
26N166W TO 21175W. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA N OF 27N BETWEEN 160W 
AND 175W.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT NEAR 30N160E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA N OF 
28N W OF 163E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N170E TO 26N160E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
IN AREA N OF 28N BETWEEN 162E AMD 172E.

.TROUGH FROM 16N149W TO 10N157W TO 08N169W MOVING W SLOWLY.
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA BOUNDED BY 15N144W TO 11N144W TO 
07N160W TO 08N167W TO 14N153W TO 15N144W.

.RIDGE FROM 30N153W TO 23N164W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 30N166E TO 25N173E MOVING E SLOWLY.

.WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA W OF A LINE FROM 30N162W TO 26N161W TO 
20S150W TO 13S145W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA N OF 25N E OF 145W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 18 FT IN AREA N OF A LINE FROM 30N148W TO 13N170W TO 
13N175W TO 30N162E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
10N140W TO 08N170W TO 08N170E TO 15N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 13 TO 20 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N171W TO 
22N177W TO 22N170E TO 30N167E. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 
FROM 10N140W TO 00N170W TO 00N178E TO 20N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 16 N OF A LINE FROM 30N160W TO 20N172W 
TO 20N170E TO 30N165E. SEAS 12 TO 13 FT IN AREA N OF 22N E OF 150W. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 15N140W TO 00N150W TO 
00N178W TO 20N160E.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA FROM 14N AND 19N BETWEEN 143W AND 
151W. 

.ITCZ FROM 07N140W TO 09N150W AND THEM FROM 08N170W TO 06N160E.  
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF ITCZ W OF 175E.

$$
.FORECASTER BURKE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.