Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 23:00:13 -0600

836 
ATHW40 PHFO 150500
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC MON NOV 15 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0430 UTC NOVEMBER 15 2010

BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS...SOME WITH EMBEDDED SHOWERS...MAINLY 
EXIST IN WINDWARD AND MAUKA SECTIONS ON EACH ISLE EAST OF KAUAI.  
THIS IS MOST PARTICULARLY THE CASE IN THE PUNA AND HILO DISTRICTS ON 
THE BIG ISLAND...THE EAST AND SOUTHEAST PORTIONS OF EAST MAUI...AND 
THE KOOLAU AND WAIANAE RANGES ON OAHU.  LOW CEILINGS ARE ALSO 
AFFECTING THE KONA SLOPES ON THE BIG ISLAND...AND THE WEST-FACING 
SLOPES OF HALEAKALA IN EAST MAUI.  SKIES ARE PREDOMINANTLY CLEAR TO 
PARTLY CLOUDY ELSEWHERE.  LOW CLOUD MOTION IS FROM THE EAST AT 25 TO 
30 MPH JUST EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND AND VEERS TOWARD THE EAST- 
SOUTHEAST AND SLOWS TO NEAR 20 MPH MOVING UP THE CHAIN TO KAUAI.

SHOWERY LOW CLOUDS ARE BROKEN OCCASIONALLY SCATTERED IMMEDIATELY 
NORTH CLOCKWISE THROUGH EAST OF THE ISLES FROM OAHU TO THE BIG 
ISLAND.  BROKEN SHOWERY LOW CLOUDS ARE ALSO EVIDENT SOUTHEAST AND 
SOUTH OF THE BIG ISLAND.  TOO...OCCASIONAL LOW CEILINGS ARE FORMING 
IN THE CHANNELS...AND SOUTH OF MAUI COUNTY AND OAHU.  CONDITIONS ARE 
OTHERWISE CLEAR TO SCATTERED IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS.

THE LEADING EDGE OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS...WITH 
EMBEDDED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS AND ASSOCIATED WITH A 
STATIONARY FRONT...IS APPROXIMATELY 300 MILES NORTH AND NORTHWEST 
OF KAUAI AS OF BULLETIN TIME.  MOST OF THE CLOUDINESS IS CENTERED 
ALONG A LINE FROM 30N162.5W TO 26N167W TO 22.5N173.5W TO 20.5N180. 
ANOTHER FRONT IS TO THE WEST AND IS HEADING TOWARD THE EAST AND 
SOUTHEAST AT 20 TO 25 MPH.  MOST OF THE CLOUDINESS WITH THIS 
BOUNDARY IS CURRENTLY WEST OF A LINE FROM 30N174W TO 27.5N177W TO 
25.5N180.  THIS FRONT IS IN THE VICINITY OF MIDWAY ATOLL...WHERE 
RECENT SURFACE OBSERVATIONS HAVE SHOWN VARIABLY CLOUDY SKIES... 
OCCASIONAL SHOWERS LIMITING VISIBILITY TO AS LOW AS ONE MILE...AND 
WINDS FROM THE SOUTHWEST TO WEST NEAR 15 MPH GUSTING TO NEAR 30 MPH.

UPPER AIR TROUGHING EAST AND SOUTHEAST OF HAWAII...IN COMBINATION 
WITH WEAK SURFACE TROUGHING AND WIND CONVERGENCE ASSOCIATED WITH THE 
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...HAS GENERATED A LARGE AREA OF 
MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH ACCOMPANYING SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS.  MOST OF THIS CLOUDINESS AND PRECIPITATION IS EAST 
AND SOUTHEAST OF A LINE FROM 20N146W TO 14.5N155W TO 08N169W.  MORE 
LIMITED CONVECTION IS LOCATED FROM 06N TO 09.5N WEST OF 169W.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.