Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 03:41:32 -0600

177 
FZPN01 KWBC 150941
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC MON NOV 15 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 15. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 16. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 17. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 37N179E 994 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 300 NM W 
AND BETWEEN 180 NM AND 360 NM NE SEMICIRCLES WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. 
SEAS 17 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 720 NM 
NE...540 NM SE...AND 600 NM SW AND NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N176W 998 MB. BETWEEN 360 NM AND 540 NM 
N QUADRANT WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER 
FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 1320 NM NE...960 NM SE...540 NM SW...AND 
960 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N171W 999 MB. FROM 43N TO 48N BETWEEN 
160W AND 176W WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 17 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 840 NM NE...720 NM SE...AND 1020 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 53N147W 1016 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. WITHIN 840 NM SE...600 NM 
S...AND 480 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 11 TO 13 FT. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N142W 1011 MB. WITHIN 600 NM SE AND 420 
NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N137W 1004 MB. FROM 50N TO 55N BETWEEN 
139W AND 143W WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. E OF A LINE FROM 57N140W TO 
52N140W TO 46N129W WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N163E 999 MB. FROM 31N TO 44N W OF 167E 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 17 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N166E 995 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 19 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N168E 995 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S AND 
SW...AND 420 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 25 
FT. 
..GALE WARNING... 
.N OF A LINE FROM 51N171E TO 42N160E AREA OF S WINDS 30 TO 45 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 53N179W TO 45N165E AREA OF S 
TO SE WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 21 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF A LINE FROM 64N167W 
TO 56N174W TO 52N171E AREA OF S TO SE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 42N BETWEEN 124W AND 140W AREA OF N TO NE WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 41N BETWEEN 124W AND 137W AREA OF 
N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 34N TO 40N BETWEEN 124W AND 127W AREA OF 
N WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 360 NM SW OF A LINE FROM 59N151W TO 
55N144W AREA OF NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 360 NM N OF A LINE 
FROM 55N158W TO 51N140W AREA OF W TO NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
9 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 45N BETWEEN 144W AND 158W...AND N OF 57N 
BETWEEN 137W AND 144W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 49N133W 1002 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SE AND 
540 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF 62N AREAS OF MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 44N TO 54N 
BETWEEN 136W AND 151W...WITHIN 180 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 46N151W 
TO 38N161W...AND FROM 38N TO 43N BETWEEN 126W AND 130W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 36N TO 45N BETWEEN 150W AND 
166W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 36N TO 41N BETWEEN 157W AND 
165W. 

.HIGH 41N140W 1040 MB MOVING W 05 KT AND TURNING SW AFTER 24 
HOURS. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N144W 1036 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N145W 1027 MB. 

.HIGH 51N176W 1037 MB MOVING NE 20 KT AND TURNING SE AFTER 24 
HOURS. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 59N172W 1049 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 58N165W 1049 MB. 

.FORECASTER BELL. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC MON NOV 15.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC TUE NOV 16.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC WED NOV 17.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.NW OF LINE 30N126W TO 20N135W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
13 FT. FROM 10N TO 20N BETWEEN W OF 135W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 25N W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
9 TO 13 FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 30N125W TO 10N140W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN N TO NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N1289W TO 11N140W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.

.LOW PRES NEAR 11N111W 1013 MB STATIONARY. WITHIN 240 NM OF LOW 
EXCEPT W QUADRANT WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 11N111W 1012 MB. WITHIN 240 NM 
SE SEMICIRCLE S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 11N109W 1012 MB. WITHIN 150 NM 
SE SEMICIRCLE SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.FROM 04N TO 07N BETWEEN 79W AND 84W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC MON NOV 15...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...07N80W TO 11N110W TO 10N130W TO 
07N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 90 NM EITHER 
SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 109W AND 115W AND WITHIN 60 NM S OF AXIS 
FROM 136W-140W.

$$
FORECASTER DGS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.