Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 04:45:13 -0600

973 
FZPN40 PHFO 151045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC MON NOV 15 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 15 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 16 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 17 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N175W TO 26N180E TO 24N172E MOVING E 10 KT.  
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 27N BETWEEN FRONT AND 175E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N171W TO 26N174W.  WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
N OF 28N BETWEEN 175W AND 175E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N163W TO 26N164W TO 23N170W MERGED 
WITH FRONT DESCRIBED BELOW.  WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N166W TO 21N178W TO 17N170E.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS N OF A LINE FROM 22N170W TO 27N158W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N167W TO 25N170W TO 20N177W TO 
16N168E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MERGED WITH FRONT DESCRIBED ABOVE.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N162E TO 28N160E.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
N OF 28N W OF 163E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N174E 26N168E TO 25N160E.  WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.RIDGE FROM 30N150W TO 24N160W TO 20N177W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 22N E OF 150W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 26N E OF 148W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 18 TO 21 FT N OF 28N BETWEEN 171E AND 177W.  SEAS 12 TO 18 FT 
ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 24N166E TO 24N176W TO 11N172W TO 
23N148W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 15N160E TO 
01N180W TO 08N160W TO 08N140W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 18 TO 20 FT N OF 28N BETWEEN 175W AND 177E. 
SEAS 12 TO 18 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 25N168E TO 20N177E TO 
24N168W TO 22N140W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
20N160E TO 00N180W TO 00S152W TO 16N140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF A LINE FROM 20N175W TO 
20N167W TO 30N158W.  SEAS 8 TO 13 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
25N160E TO 10N170E TO 00S171W TO 00N149W 14N140W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN 12N AND 20N E OF 145W.

.ITCZ FROM 07N140W TO 08N147W TO 13N154W TO 10N177W.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN 06N AND 13N E OF 162W.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.