Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 06:00:14 -0600

142 
ATHW40 PHFO 151200
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1200 UTC MON NOV 15 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1130 UTC NOVEMBER 15 2010

COASTAL AND UPSLOPE SECTIONS OF THE PUNA AND KAU DISTRICTS ON THE 
BIG ISLAND ARE SEEING THE MOST CLOUDINESS AND SHOWERS THIS EARLY 
MORNING.  LOW CEILINGS AND PRECIPITATION ARE ALSO FAVORING WINDWARD 
COASTAL PORTIONS OF OAHU AND ITS KOOLAU RANGE...AND EAST AND 
SOUTHEAST AREAS OF EAST MAUI.  SKIES ARE MAINLY CLEAR TO PARTLY 
CLOUDY ELSEWHERE AROUND THE ALOHA STATE.  LOW CLOUDS ARE MOVING FROM 
THE EAST BETWEEN 15 AND 20 MPH IMMEDIATELY EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND... 
VEER TO THE EAST-SOUTHEAST NEAR 25 MPH MOVING UP THE CHAIN TO MAUI 
COUNTY...AND VEER FURTHER TO THE SOUTHEAST AND SLOW TO NEAR 10 MPH 
PUSHING FARTHER WEST TO KAUAI.

SHOWERY LOW CLOUDS ARE SCATTERED TO BROKEN JUST NORTH CLOCKWISE 
THROUGH EAST OF THE ISLES.  OTHERWISE CONDITIONS ARE CLEAR TO 
SCATTERED IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS.

THE LEADING EDGE OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS 
ASSOCIATED WITH A STATIONARY FRONT IS AROUND 350 MILES NORTH AND 
NORTHWEST OF KAUAI.  SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE EMBEDDED 
WITHIN THE CLOUDINESS...WHICH IS CENTERED ALONG A LINE FROM 30N162W 
TO 26N166.5W TO 23.5N170W TO 21N176W.  ANOTHER FRONT IS FARTHER TO 
THE WEST...AND IS NOW WEST OF A LINE FROM 30N172.5W TO 26.5N175.5W 
TO 24N180.  THIS SECOND BOUNDARY HAS BEEN HEADING EAST AND SOUTHEAST 
AT 10 TO 15 MPH OVER THE PAST SEVEN HOURS.  SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS HAVE BEEN IGNITING AHEAD OF...AND ALONG...THE FRONT/S 
LEADING EDGE.  THE SYSTEM HAS PASSED MIDWAY ATOLL...WHERE THE MOST 
RECENT SURFACE OBSERVATION INDICATES FEW LOW CLOUDS...UNLIMITED 
VISIBILITY...AND WINDS FROM THE WEST NEAR 15 MPH GUSTING TO 22 MPH.

UPPER AIR TROUGHING EAST AND SOUTHEAST OF THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS IS 
GENERATING A LARGE AREA OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST HIGH CLOUDS...MOST OF 
WHICH ARE EAST OF A LINE FROM 26N148W TO 20N146W TO 13N156W.  ALSO...
CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH THE ITCZ IS FIRING FROM 09N TO 14N 
BETWEEN 144W AND 155W...AND FROM 06.5N TO 09N BETWEEN 136W AND 144W. 
SOME OF THE THUNDERSTORM CELLS ARE CLIMBING TO OVER 50 THOUSAND 
FEET...THOSE NEAR 09.5N145.5W AND 07.5N140.5W.  MORE SHOWERS AND 
ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS HAVE BEEN OCCURRING IN THE AREA FROM 100 TO 
300 MILES SOUTH OF THE BIG ISLAND...FROM 14.5N TO 17.5N BETWEEN 153W 
AND 157W.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.