Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 10:19:01 -0600

682 
FZPN01 KWBC 151618
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC MON NOV 15 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 15. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 16. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 17. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 37N180W 995 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 360 NM N 
AND NW QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE 
OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 30N WITHIN 420 NM SW AND 540 NM 
NW...AND 600 NM N AND NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
24 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N176W 1000 MB. FROM 38N TO 49N BETWEEN 
174E AND 156W WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 25 FT. ALSO FROM 30N 
TO 37N BETWEEN 160W AND 165W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 
FT. .48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 42N175W 1000 MB. WITHIN 540 NM NE 
QUADRANT WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 16 TO 32 FT. ALSO FROM 40N TO 
53N BETWEEN 158W AND 171E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 24 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 53N143W 1012 MB MOVING E 35 KT. WITHIN 300 NM W AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. ALSO WITHIN 480 NM 
 SW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N137W 1004 MB. WITHIN 300 NM W AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N124W 1007 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 15 TO 21 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND. 

..STORM WARNING... 
.LOW W OF AREA 55N161E 995 MB MOVING N 25 KT. WITHIN 300 NM E 
AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 19 FT. ALSO W OF 
A LINE FROM 56N174E TO 45N166E TO 42N163E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL N AND W OF AREA. W OF A LINE FROM 
50N173E TO 59N180W S WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 19 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST W AND NW OF A LINE FROM 64N164W TO 58N172W TO 
55N173W S WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW W OF AREA 34N154E 1003 MB MOVING NE 25 KT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N165E 996 MB. WITHIN 360 NM W SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 19 FT. ALSO WITHIN 420 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE...AND 300 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 
TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N171E 998 MB. WITHIN 420 NM NW AND 480 
NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 25 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 41N156W 1006 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. WITHIN 300 NM E AND SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY LOW 42N165E.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 40N164W 1017 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. FROM 40N TO 44N BETWEEN 
170W AND 156W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.  
.FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED WITH CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 
34N176W.

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 37N TO 42N BETWEEN 124W AND 128W N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. ALSO FROM 30N TO 42N BETWEEN 124W AND 136W 
N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 42N BETWEEN 124W AND 137W AREA OF 
N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 60N149W 1016 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. WITHIN 300 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N146W 1014 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N141W 1010 MB. FROM 53N TO 59N BETWEEN 
147W AND 159W NW WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. ALSO FROM 
52N TO 59N BETWEEN 140W AND 163W AREA OF W TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 50N130W 992 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...AND 780 NM W AND NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 20 FT.  

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF 62N AREAS OF LIGHT TO 
MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 44N TO 54N 
BETWEEN 133W AND 146W...AND FROM 36N TO 44N BETWEEN 150W AND 
162W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 36N TO 44N BETWEEN 150W AND 
166W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 36N TO 41N BETWEEN 157W AND 
165W. 

.HIGH 41N143W 1042 MB DRIFTING SW. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N144W 1034 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N145W 1026 MB. 

.HIGH 53N176W 1041 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 57N169W 1051 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH INLAND OVER ALASKA 62N160W 1050 MB.

.HIGH 50N164W 1040 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.FORECASTER ROWLAND. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC MON NOV 15.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC TUE NOV 16.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC WED NOV 17.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.NW OF LINE 30N127W TO 27N132W TO 27N140W NE WINDS 25 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 14 FT PRIMARILY IN N TO NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 
30N125W TO 24N134W TO 09N134W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT IN NE SWELL. FROM 06N TO 13N BETWEEN 128W AND 134W WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N128W TO 28N131W TO 28N140W NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 11 TO 13 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 30N125W TO 15N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. FROM 11N TO 14N W OF 
135W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N121W TO 13N131W TO 10N140W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.

.LOW PRES NEAR 11N112W 1011 MB DRIFTING NW. WITHIN 240 NM OF LOW 
EXCEPT W QUADRANT WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 12N112W 1010 MB. WITHIN 240 NM 
NW AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 12N113W 1012 MB. WITHIN 180 NM 
NW AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

.FROM 03N TO 06N BETWEEN 83W AND 87W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 03N TO 06N BETWEEN 80W AND 86W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 02N TO 06N BETWEEN 79W AND 84W S TO SW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1430 UTC MON NOV 15...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ANALYZED ALONG 09N80W TO 
10N92W TO LOW PRES 1011 MB NEAR 11N112W TO 07N140W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION NOTED WITHIN 150 NM OF AXIS 
BETWEEN 111W AND 120W. SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG CONVECTION 
NOTED WITHIN 120 NM N OF AXIS W OF 137W.

$$
FORECASTER STRIPLING

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.