Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 10:45:23 -0600

239 
FZPN40 PHFO 151645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC MON NOV 15 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 15 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 16 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 17 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N174W TO 27N176E TO 24N179E MOVING E 15 KT.  
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 27N BETWEEN FRONT AND 177E.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS N OF 27N BETWEEN 170W AND 177W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N166W TO 23N172W TO 20N178E...MERGED 
WITH STATIONARY FRONT DESCRIBED BELOW.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 
300 NM E OF THE FRONT N OF 25N AND BETWEEN FRONT AND 180E N OF 28N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N162W TO 25N164W TO 20N180E.  WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.STATIONARY FRONT FROM STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N168W TO 23N173W TO 
16N170E.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 240 NM E OF THE FRONT N OF 26N.  
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS N OF 22N BETWEEN 163W AND 170W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MERGED WITH COLD FRONT DESCRIBED ABOVE.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N164E TO 26N160E.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
N OF 28N W OF 166E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N177E TO 25N170E TO 24N160E. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.RIDGE FROM 30N151W TO 24N160W TO 20N176W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 30N164E TO 27N163E TO 25N160E MOVING E 15 KT.

.WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 24N BETWEEN 145W AND 155W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 18 TO 21 FT N OF 28N BETWEEN 171E AND 177W.  SEAS 12 TO 18 FT 
ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 24N166E TO 24N176W TO 11N172W TO 
23N148W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 15N160E TO 
01N180W TO 08N160W TO 08N140W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 18 TO 20 FT N OF 28N BETWEEN 175W AND 177E. 
SEAS 12 TO 18 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 25N168E TO 20N177E TO 
24N168W TO 22N140W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
20N160E TO 00N180W TO 00S152W TO 16N140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF A LINE FROM 20N175W TO 
20N167W TO 30N158W.  SEAS 8 TO 13 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
25N160E TO 10N170E TO 00S171W TO 00N149W 14N140W.

OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 07N140W TO 08N147W TO 13N154W TO 10N177W.  SCATTERED 
STRONG TSTMS BETWEEN 08N AND 12N BOUNDED BY 143W AND 147W.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 90 NM OF THE ITCZ E OF 159W.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.