Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 12:29:38 -0600

410 
ATHW40 PHFO 151829
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC MON NOV 15 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC NOVEMBER 15 2010

EARLY MORNING IR AND VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS AN EAST 
SOUTHEAST THROUGH WEST NORTHWEST ORIENTED BAND OF CLOUDS THAT IS 
IMPACTING THE ISLANDS AT THE PRESENT TIME. THE BAND OF CLOUDS IS 
PRIMARILY AFFECTING WINDWARD AND MAUKA AREAS. OVER THE BIG ISLAND 
LOW CLOUDS ARE BANKED UP OVER THE WINDWARD SLOPES FROM NORTH KOHALA 
SOUTHWARD THROUGH THE HILO AND PUNA DISTRICTS. THE SOUTHERN END ALSO 
EXTENDS DOWN OVER PORTIONS OF THE SE KAU SLOPES. THE HIGHEST CLOUDS 
TOPS ARE UP TO 15000 TO 20000 FEET. OVER MAUI CLOUDS ARE BANKED UP 
OVER THE NORTHERN AND EASTERN SLOPES OF HALEAKALA AS WELL AS OVER 
THE SLOPES AND SUMMITS OF THE WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS. OVER MOLOKAI 
CLOUDS ARE BANKED UP OVER THE EASTERN SLOPES WITH A FEW CLOUDS ALSO 
SEEN OVER NORTHERN LANAI. OVER OAHU LOW CLOUDS ARE COVERING MOST OF 
THE ISLAND WITH JUST A FEW ISOLATED BREAKS SEEN. OVER KAUAI CLOUDS 
ARE BANKED UP OVER THE EASTERN HALF OF THE ISLAND. ALSO MOST OF THE 
ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS HAVE A GOOD AMOUNT OF SHOWERY CLOUDS OVER 
THEM WITH CLOUDS TOPS AGAIN TOPPING OUT NEAR 20000 FEET FOR THE 
HIGHEST ONES ANALYZED.

SEVERAL HUNDRED MILES NORTH AND WEST OF THE STATE LIES A COMPLEX 
FRONTAL SYSTEM WITH A GOOD BIT OF ACTIVE WEATHER ASSOCIATED WITH 
IT. A BROAD AREA OF CLOUDS WITH ISOLATED EMBEDDED THUNDERSTORMS CAN 
BE SEEN ASSOCIATED WITH THIS FRONTAL SYSTEM. THIS AREA ACTUALLY 
CONSISTS OF A LEADING STATIONARY FRONT FOLLOWED BY AN EAST 
SOUTHEAST ADVANCING COLD FRONT FOLLOWING IN ON ITS HEALS. THE 
PARENT LOW OF THIS FRONTAL SYSTEM CAN BE SEEN SPINNING FAR TO THE 
NORTHWEST OF THE STATE. 

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS A TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE LOCATED TO THE 
EAST OF THE STATE. A BROAD SWATH OF HIGH CIRRUS CLOUDS IS BEING 
DRAWN NORTHWARD ON ITS EASTERN PERIPHERY. MUCH OF THESE HIGH CLOUDS 
HAVE THERE ORIGINS FROM THUNDERSTORMS DOWN ALONG THE ITCZ WHICH IS 
CENTERED AROUND 10N. 

$$

BURKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.