Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 16:24:20 -0600

818 
FZPN01 KWBC 152224
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC MON NOV 15 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 15. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 16. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 17. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 35N180W 996 MB MOVING E 10 KT. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 420 NM N 
AND NW QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE 
OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 30N WITHIN 480 NM SW AND 540 NM 
NW...AND 660 NM N AND NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
25 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N174W 996 MB. FROM 40N TO 49N BETWEEN 
173E AND 158W WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. ALSO BETWEEN 
420 NM AND 660 NM E QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 
FT. .48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N169W 1001 MB. WITHIN 300 NM NE OF A 
LINE FROM 46N177W TO 40N161W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 31 
FT. ALSO WITHIN 540 NM N OF A LINE FROM 47N173E TO 43N170W TO 
39N160W TO 37N156W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 25 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 55N136W 1004 MB MOVING SE 30 KT. WITHIN 300 NM W AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. ALSO WITHIN 480 
NM SW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 49N118W 1011 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SW 
QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND WITH CONDTIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 
52N133W. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 60N146W 1015 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. WITHIN 360 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N141W 1011 MB. WITHIN 480 NM W AND 660 
NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 52N133W 982 MB. WITHIN 540 NM NW 
QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ALSO WITHIN 660 NM 
W SEMICIRCLE...AND 480 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 

..GALE WARNING...
.LOW W OF AREA 59N158E 988 MB MOVING N 25 KT. W OF A LINE FROM 
57N174E TO 50N171E TO 45N166E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 19 
FT. .24 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL N AND W OF AREA. W OF A LINE FROM 
50N173E TO 59N180W S WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 19 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST W AND NW OF A LINE FROM 64N170W TO 60N173W TO 
50N177E S WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW W OF AREA 36N157E 1002 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. FROM 30N TO 38N 
W OF 162E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N166E 996 MB. WITHIN 420 NM NW AND 360 
NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ALSO WITHIN 
420 NM W SEMICIRCLE...AND 300 NM E AND NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N167E 995 MB. WITHIN 360 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE...AND 240 NM E AND NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 19 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 41N159E 1005 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. FRONT FROM LOW CENTER TO 
50N162E. WITHIN 300 NM E AND SE QUADRANTS...AND 240 NM E OF 
FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY LOW 44N166E. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 43N163W 1025 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 300 NM N SEMICIRCLE 
 WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N144W 1018 MB. WITHIN 420 NM NW QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED INTO LOW 52N133W.

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 37N TO 42N BETWEEN 124W AND 128W N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. ALSO FROM 30N TO 42N BETWEEN 124W AND 137W 
N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 42N BETWEEN 124W AND 132W AREA OF 
N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF 62N AREAS OF LIGHT TO 
MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 36N TO 44N 
BETWEEN 151W AND 165W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 37N TO 42N BETWEEN 155W AND 
166W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 36N TO 40N BETWEEN 157W AND 
165W. 

.HIGH 41N142W 1042 MB DRIFTING S. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N142W 1033 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N141W 1023 MB. 

.HIGH 59N175W 1043 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 58N168W 1051 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH INLAND OVER ALASKA 62N160W 1048 MB. 

.HIGH 52N173W 1044 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.FORECASTER ROWLAND. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC MON NOV 15.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC TUE NOV 16.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC WED NOV 17.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.NW OF LINE 30N127W TO 25N133W TO 23N140W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 13 FT PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL. FROM 08N TO 20N W OF 
133W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 
20N W OF 123W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN N TO NE 
SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N127W TO 24N140W NE WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 11 TO 14 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW 
OF LINE 30N124W TO 20N130W TO 12N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST W OF LINE 30N119W TO 00N138W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.

.LOW PRES NEAR 12N112W 1012 MB DRIFTING NW. WITHIN 210 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE AND 180 NM NORTHERN SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 12N113W 1011 MB. WITHIN 240 NM 
SE AND NW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 12N114W 1013 MB. WITHIN 180 NM 
SE AND NW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

.FROM 03N TO 07N BETWEEN 81W AND 86W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 03N TO 07N BETWEEN 80W AND 86W SW TO W 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 02N TO 06N BETWEEN 80W AND 85W SW TO W 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC MON NOV 15...

.LOW PRES 12N112W...SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM NW QUADRANT.

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ANALYZED ALONG 07N81W TO 
05N87W TO LOW PRES 1012 MB NEAR 12N112W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM S OF AXIS BETWEEN 106W AND 110W...AND 
FROM 08N TO 15N BETWEEN 114W AND 120W.

$$
FORECASTER HUFFMAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.