Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 16:45:11 -0600

911 
FZPN40 PHFO 152245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC MON NOV 15 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 15 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 16 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 17 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N171W TO 24N180E TO 23N174E MOVING E 15 KT. WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT N OF 27N BETWEEN FRONT AND 177E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 90 NM E OF FRONT N OF 27N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N165W TO 23N171W TO 20N178E...MERGED 
WITH STATIONARY FRONT DESCRIBED BELOW. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 300 
NM E OF THE FRONT N OF 25N AND BETWEEN FRONT AND 180E N OF 28N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N161W TO 25N163W TO 19N180E. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N167W TO 23N173W TO 17N170E. WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT WITHIN 240 NM E OF THE FRONT N OF 26N. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS N 
OF 22N BETWEEN 163W AND 170W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MERGED WITH COLD FRONT DESCRIBED ABOVE.

.12 HOUR FORECAST FRONT NEAR 30N160E MOVING SE 25 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N167E TO 25N160E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
W OF FRONT N OF 28N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N180E TO 24N170E TO 24N160E. WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT W OF FRONT N OF 28N.

.RIDGE FROM 30N148W TO 22N160W TO 20N170W TO 19N175W NEARLY 
STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 30N165E TO 27N163E TO 25N160E MOVING E 10 KT.

.WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 24N E OF 155W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 18 TO 22 FT N OF A LINE FROM 25N175W TO 27N177E TO 30N172E. 
SEAS 12 TO 18 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 30N147W TO 20N150W TO 
11N171W TO 24N170W TO 23N170E TO 30N164E. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE 
N OF A LINE FROM 10N140W TO 11N152W TO 01N180W TO 24N161E TO 30N162E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 17 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N161W TO 
19N180W TO 30N164E...AND SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF 23N E OF 150W. SEAS 9 
TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 17N140W TO 00N158W TO 00N178W TO 
14N176W TO 16N163E TO 27N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N176E TO 
26N160E...AND N OF A LINE FROM 30N160W TO 23N167W TO 30N170W. SEAS 9 
TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 13N140W TO 24N155W TO 18N161W TO 
00N148W TO 00N170W TO 23N160E.

OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 07N140W TO 11N155W TO 10N170W TO 08N177W. SCATTERED 
STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM N OF ITCZ E OF 146W. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF THE ITCZ E OF 161W.

$$
.FORECASTER POWELL. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.