Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 18:25:26 -0600

309 
ATHW40 PHFO 160025
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC TUE NOV 16 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC NOVEMBER 16 2010

EARLY AFTERNOON IR AND VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS A GOOD AMOUNT 
OF CLOUD COVER OVER THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. OVER THE BIG ISLAND 
MOST OF THE ISLAND IS COVERED IN CLOUDS WITH JUST A FEW BREAKS SEEN 
MAINLY OVER LEEWARD KOHALA COASTAL AREAS. THE HIGHEST CLOUDS TOPS 
ARE UP TO 17000 FEET. OVER MAUI CLOUDS ARE BANKED UP OVER THE SLOPES 
OF HALEAKALA AS WELL AS OVER THE SLOPES AND SUMMITS OF THE WEST MAUI 
MOUNTAINS. OVER MOLOKAI CLOUDS ARE BANKED UP OVER THE EASTERN SLOPES 
AS WELL AS OVER SOUTHWEST SECTIONS OF THE ISLAND. OVER LANAI LOW 
CLOUDS ARE PRIMARILY COVERING INTERIOR SECTIONS. OVER OAHU LOW 
CLOUDS ARE COVERING MOST OF THE ISLAND WITH JUST A FEW ISOLATED 
BREAKS SEEN MAINLY LEE OF THE KOOLAU RANGE. OVER KAUAI CLOUDS ARE 
BANKED UP OVER THE EASTERN HALF OF THE ISLAND WITH A FEW CLOUDS SEEN 
ELSEWHERE. 

DOWNWIND OF THE ISLANDS LIES A BROAD FIELD OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS THAT 
ARE GENERALLY MOVING AWAY TO THE WEST AWAY FROM THE STATE. JUST 
UPWIND OF THE STATE WAS A NARROW AREA OF SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS 
FOLLOWED BY A NARROW BAND OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS THAT ARE BASICALLY 
MOVING WESTWARD IN THE TRADES. 

SEVERAL HUNDRED MILES NORTH AND WEST OF THE STATE LIES A COMPLEX 
FRONTAL SYSTEM WITH A GOOD BIT OF ACTIVE WEATHER ASSOCIATED WITH 
IT. A BROAD AREA OF CLOUDS WITH ISOLATED EMBEDDED THUNDERSTORMS CAN 
BE SEEN ASSOCIATED WITH THIS FRONTAL SYSTEM. THIS AREA ACTUALLY 
CONSISTS OF A LEADING STATIONARY FRONT FOLLOWED BY AN EAST 
SOUTHEAST ADVANCING COLD FRONT FOLLOWING IN ON ITS HEALS. THE 
PARENT LOW OF THIS FRONTAL SYSTEM CAN BE SEEN SPINNING FAR TO THE 
NORTHWEST OF THE STATE. 

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS A TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE LOCATED TO THE 
EAST OF THE STATE. A BROAD SWATH OF HIGH CIRRUS CLOUDS IS BEING 
DRAWN NORTHWARD ON ITS EASTERN PERIPHERY. MUCH OF THESE HIGH CLOUDS 
HAVE THERE ORIGINS FROM THUNDERSTORMS DOWN ALONG THE ITCZ WHICH IS 
CENTERED AROUND 10N. 

$$

BURKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.