Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 21:45:50 -0600

044 
FZPN01 KWBC 160345
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC TUE NOV 16 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 16. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 17. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 18. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 35N178W 997 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 540 NM N 
QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 17 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N 
TO 47N BETWEEN 170W AND 172E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N173W 999 MB. FROM 40N TO 47N BETWEEN 
161W AND 176W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 15 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE 
OVER FORECAST WITHIN WATERS 480 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS...FROM 30N 
TO 40N BETWEEN 157W AND 165W...AND FROM 40N TO 50N BETWEEN 159W 
AND 177E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N175W 996 MB. WITHIN 300 NM NE OF A LINE 
FROM THE LOW TO 41N163W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 20 TO 32 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM N QUADRANT AND 540 NM N AND NE OF A LINE 
FROM THE LOW TO 38N159W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 14 TO 27 FT.

...STORM WARNING...
.FROM 40N TO 48N BETWEEN 154W AND 170W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 49N137W 1008 MB. FROM 41N TO 50N 
BETWEEN 132W AND 155W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N133W 983 MB. OVER WATERS WITHIN 180 NM 
OF LOW AND 240 NM NW OF A LINE FROM 57N135W TO 53N141W WINDS 35 
TO 50 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 41N TO 59N E OF 148W 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 53N130W 1000 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. WITHIN 360 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 44N TO 56N E 
OF 140W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.FROM 30N TO 42N BETWEEN 124W AND 134W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 33N TO 42N BETWEEN 124W AND 128W WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 61N146W 1014 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. WITHIN 420 NM S AND SW OF 
A LINE FROM 57N140W TO 60N151W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N141W 1013 MB. N OF 54N BETWEEN 150W AND 
158W WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 
NM N AND NE QUADRANTS AND N OF 50N BETWEEN 145W AND 162W WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY LOW 51N133W WITH CONDITIONS 
DESCRIBED ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 37N160E 1000 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. FROM 30N TO 44N BETWEEN 
165W AND 160E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N168E 1000 MB. FROM 40N TO 50N BETWEEN 
177E AND 160E AND FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 170E AND 160E WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. WITHIN 420 NM SW OF A LINE 
FROM 36N175W TO 48N170E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.FRONT EXTENDS FROM 52N165E TO 44N161E. WITHIN 180 NM NE OF THE 
FRONT N OF 48N WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 420 NM NE OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 50N BETWEEN 172W AND 166E WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 52N167E 992 MB. EXCEPT WHERE DESCRIBED 
ABOVE WITH LOW 43N175W N OF 45N BETWEEN 170E AND 160E AND N OF 
52N W OF 170W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING...
.N OF 62N E OF 172W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 63N E OF 170W AREAS OF LIGHT FREEZING 
SPRAY.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 35N TO 44N 
BETWEEN 152W AND 165W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 36N TO 41N BETWEEN 157W AND 
165W...AND FROM 44N TO 51N BETWEEN 170E AND 165E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 36N TO 41N BETWEEN 157W AND 
165W. 

.HIGH 41N143W 1038 MB MOVING SE 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N137W 1030 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N140W 1022 MB.

.HIGH 58N172W 1047 MB MOVING NE 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 59N167W 1052 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH INLAND 61N161W 1045 MB.

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC TUE NOV 16.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC WED NOV 17.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC THU NOV 18.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.NW OF LINE 30N127W TO 25N132W TO 22N140W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 13 FT PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 
30N123W TO 24N127W TO 18N134W AND FROM 08N TO 18N W OF 134W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN N TO NE SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N130W TO 26N140W NE WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 12 TO 13 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW 
OF LINE 30N122W TO 20N130W TO 11N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST W OF LINE 30N119W TO 00N137W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.

.LOW PRES NEAR 12N113W 1011 MB DRIFTING W. WITHIN 180 NM OF LOW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 12N114W 1011 MB. WITHIN 150 NM 
OF LOW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 04N TO 07N BETWEEN 81W AND 85W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 03N TO 07N BETWEEN 79W AND 84W SW TO W 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC TUE NOV 16...

.LOW PRES 12N112W...SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM OF LOW.

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ANALYZED FROM LOW PRES 
1008 MB NEAR 08N85W TO 06N91W TO LOW PRES 1011 MB NEAR 12N113W 
TO 10N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG FROM 08N TO 15N 
BETWEEN 114W AND 120W.

$$
FORECASTER HUFFMAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.