Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 22:45:11 -0600

222 
FZPN40 PHFO 160445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC TUE NOV 16 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 16 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 17 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 18 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N170W TO 23N180E TO 22N173E MOVING E 15 KT. WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT N OF 27N BETWEEN FRONT AND 177E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 90 NM E OF FRONT N OF 28N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N164W TO 23N170W TO 20N178E...MERGED 
WITH STATIONARY FRONT DESCRIBED BELOW. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 300 
NM E OF THE FRONT N OF 25N AND BETWEEN FRONT AND 180E N OF 28N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N160W TO 25N162W TO 19N180E. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.WEAKENING STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N167W TO 23N173W TO 17N170E. 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 240 NM E OF THE FRONT N OF 26N. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS N OF 22N BETWEEN 163W AND 170W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MERGED WITH COLD FRONT DESCRIBED ABOVE.

.COLD FRONT NEAR 30N160E MOVING SE 25 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 
28N AND W OF 163E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS N OF 28N AND W OF 163E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N170E TO 24N160E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
W OF FRONT N OF 28N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N176W TO 25N176E TO 23N160E. WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN FRONT AND 170E N OF 28N.

.RIDGE FROM 30N150W TO 23N160W TO 19N170W TO 19N174W NEARLY 
STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 30N167E TO 27N163E TO 24N160E MOVING E 10 KT.

.WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 24N E OF 155W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 18 TO 22 FT N OF A LINE FROM 25N175W TO 27N177E TO 30N172E. 
SEAS 12 TO 18 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 30N147W TO 20N150W TO 
11N171W TO 24N170W TO 23N170E TO 30N164E. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE 
N OF A LINE FROM 10N140W TO 11N152W TO 01N180W TO 24N161E TO 30N162E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 17 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N161W TO 
19N180W TO 30N164E...AND SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF 23N E OF 150W. SEAS 9 
TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 17N140W TO 00N158W TO 00N178W TO 
14N176W TO 16N163E TO 27N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N176E TO 
26N160E...AND N OF A LINE FROM 30N160W TO 23N167W TO 30N170W. SEAS 9 
TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 13N140W TO 24N155W TO 18N161W TO 
00N148W TO 00N170W TO 23N160E.

OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 10N160W TO 09N170W TO 08N179E. SCATTERED 
STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM N OF ITCZ E OF 149W. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF THE ITCZ E OF 161W.

$$
.FORECASTER POWELL. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.