Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 03:37:25 -0600

061 
FZPN01 KWBC 160937
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC TUE NOV 16 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 16. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 17. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 18. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 45N157W 1023 MB MOVING NE 30 KT WHILE RAPIDLY INTENSIFYING. 
FROM 40N TO 49N BETWEEN 151W AND 160W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N133W 996 MB. OVER WATERS WITHIN 300 NM 
SE...480 NM SW...360 NM NW...AND 180 NM NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N133W 980 MB. WITHIN 180 NM N AND NW 
QUADRANTS AND 180 NM N AND NW OF A LINE FROM 57N135W TO 55N139W 
WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N131W 984 MB. WITHIN 180 NM N AND NW 
SEMICIRCLES AND 180 NM N AND NW OF A LINE FROM 56N135W TO 
53N141W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 42N 
TO 58N E OF 145W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 35N178W 998 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. BETWEEN 49N AND A LINE FROM 
44N160W TO 40N170W AND FROM 38N TO 50N BETWEEN 170W AND 174E 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 40N 
BETWEEN 155W AND 173E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N171W 1000 MB. FROM 41N TO 49N BETWEEN 
162W AND 177W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 32 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 
44N172W. ELSEWHERE FROM 40N TO 52N BETWEEN 160W AND 180W...FROM 
30N TO 40N BETWEEN 155W AND 163W...AND WITHIN 300 NM SE QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT...EXCEPT IN SE QUADRANT TO 
12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N178W 995 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
55N172E TO THE LOW TO 36N157W. WITHIN 420 NM NE OF THE FRONT 
BETWEEN 175E AND 162W WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 18 TO 30 
FT...EXCEPT N OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS 13 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 660 NM NE OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 
FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW INLAND 52N127W 1006 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. OVER WATERS E OF A 
LINE FROM 44N135W TO 55N140W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND AND CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.FROM 34N TO 40N BETWEEN 124W AND 131W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 34N BETWEEN 125W AND 144W WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 34N TO 40N BETWEEN 124W AND 128W WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 60N144W 1013 MB MOVING S 10 KT. OVER WATERS N OF 52N 
BETWEEN 139W AND 161W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. N OF A LINE FROM 46N145W TO 
48N154W TO 53N160W AND N OF 56N E OF 145W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS ABSORBED INTO LOW 50N131W DESCRIBED 
ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING...
.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 50N BETWEEN 178W AND 164E WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 53N BETWEEN 170W AND 169E WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 61N E OF 174W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 
FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 39N162E 1000 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 
30N TO 40N W OF 166E AND FROM 40N TO 47N W OF 164E WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 19 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N169E 998 MB. W OF A LINE FROM 30N173E 
TO 39N171E TO 50N165E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N179E 995 MB. WITHIN 540 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 25 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 51N167E 996 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 360 NM SW AND W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 
18 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 62N E OF 171W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS TO IMPROVE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 420 NM SE OF 
A LINE FROM 47N155W TO 39N167W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 35N TO 41N BETWEEN 156W AND 
166W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 300 NM SW OF A LINE FROM 
47N172W TO 38N157W.

.HIGH 41N143W 1039 MB MOVING S 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N143W 1028 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N140W 1022 MB.

.HIGH 58N171W 1050 MB MOVING E 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 59N165W 1050 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH INLAND 60N159W 1042 MB.

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC TUE NOV 16.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC WED NOV 17.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC THU NOV 18.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.NW OF LINE 30N128W TO 25N140W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
13 FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 30N125W TO 10N140W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN N TO NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N123W TO 15N130W TO 13N140W
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN MIXED NW AND NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 10N W OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.

.LOW PRES NEAR 12N113W 1012 MB DRIFTING W. WITHIN 180 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 04N TO 07N BETWEEN 81W AND 84W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 04N TO 07N BETWEEN 79W AND 83W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC TUE NOV 16...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...08N84W TO 05N90W 12N110W TO 
11N130W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 
180 NM N OF AXIS FROM 110W TO 116W. SCATTERED STRONG WITHIN 75 
NM S OF AXIS FROM 129W TO 131W AND WITHIN 180 NM OF AXIS FROM 
137W TO 140W.

$$
FORECASTER DGS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.