Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 04:45:09 -0600

963 
FZPN40 PHFO 161045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC TUE NOV 16 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 16 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 17 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 18 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N169W TO 24N175W TO 22N179E MOVING E 10 KT. W TO NW 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 27N BETWEEN FRONT AND 
175E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM E AND SE OF FRONT N OF 
25N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N163W TO 22N173W TO 19N177E...MERGED 
WITH STATIONARY FRONT DESCRIBED BELOW. SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 28N BETWEEN FRONT AND 178W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT FROM 30N161W TO 22N169W. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.FRONT FROM 30N166W TO 24N170W TO 19N180E TO 14N163E NEARLY 
STATIONARY AND WEAKENING. SE TO S WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 240 NM E 
OF FRONT N OF 24N. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 210 NM E AND SE OF 
FRONT N OF 23N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MERGED WITH FRONT DESCRIBED ABOVE.

.FRONT FROM 30N163E TO 27N160E MOVING ESE 25 KT. W TO NW WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 28N W OF FRONT. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM E AND SE OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N173E TO 27N170E TO 24N160E. NW TO N 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 28N BETWEEN FRONT AND 
162E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N175W TO 25N180E TO 22N169E. W TO NW 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 28N BETWEEN FRONT AND 
174E.

.HIGH 25N166E 1014 MB MOVING S 10 KT. RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 23N178E 
NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.RIDGE FROM 30N152W TO 23N160W TO 19N170W TO 19N174W NEARLY 
STATIONARY.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 25N E OF 155W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 18 TO 20 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 27N BETWEEN 175W AND 
175E. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT ELSEWHERE N OF LINE FROM 30N170W TO 24N174W 
TO 22N180E TO 22N172E TO 30N165E. SEAS 12 TO 14 FT OVER FORECAST 
WATERS N OF LINE FROM 26N140W TO 20N153W TO 22N160W TO 30N161W. SEAS 
8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF LINE FROM 20N140W TO 02N155W TO 00N165W 
TO 00N178E TO 28N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 14 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF LINE 
FROM 30N160W TO 22N167W TO 23N170W TO 30N173W...AND N OF 28N W OF 
169E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF LINE FROM 13N140W TO 00N147W 
TO 00N172W TO 15N166E TO 24N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 27N 
BETWEEN 162E AND 177E. SEAS MAINLY 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE E OF LINE 
FROM 30N160E TO 17N160E TO 10N167E TO 00N172W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA FROM 12N TO 15N BETWEEN 152W AND 
160W.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 09N160W TO 08N180E TO 06N160E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM OF ITCZ.

$$

.FORECASTER KINEL. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.