Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 09:10:27 -0600

857 
ATPQ40 PGUM 161510
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 AM CHST WED NOV 17 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH EXTENDS SOUTHEASTWARD FROM 9N130E TO A WEAK 
CIRCULATION CENTERED SOUTHEAST OF KOROR AT 5N139E...THEN CONTINUES 
EASTWARD THROUGH ANOTHER CIRCULATION CENTERED SOUTHWEST OF CHUUK 
NEAR 3N148E TO END AT 3N151E. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE OCCURRING OVER 
KOROR AND SOUTH OF CHUUK WITHIN 150 MILES OF THE TROUGH.

A SURFACE TROUGH REACHES NORTHEASTWARD FROM 3N151E TO END AT 8N161E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE TAKING PLACE OVER POHNPEI WITHIN 150 MILES OF 
THE 
TROUGH.

ANOTHER SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS EAST-NORTHEASTWARD FROM 6N167E TO 
8N172E. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND SOUTH OF KWAJALEIN AND NEAR 
MAJURO WITHIN 60 MILES OF THE TROUGH AXIS.

A SHEAR LINE HEADS WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 19N180 TO SOUTH OF WAKE 
ISLAND AT 15N167E TO 12N155E...THEN TURNS WESTWARD TO END JUST 
SOUTHWEST OF GUAM AT 12N143E. LOW CLOUDS AND ISOLATED SHOWERS ARE 
PRESENT ALONG AND UP TO 250 MILES NORTH OF THE SHEAR LINE. SCATTERED 
SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE CONCENTRATED ALONG THE SHEAR 
LINE WEST OF 151E.

A COLD FRONT EXTENDS WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N164E TO 24N156E... 
THEN CONTINUES AS A STATIONARY FRONT TO BEYOND 130E AT 19N. 
CLOUDINESS AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE LOCATED SOUTHEAST OF OKINAWA 
AND OVER MINAMI TORI SHIMA...OR ALONG AND UP TO 200 MILES NORTHWEST 
OF THIS BOUNDARY.

$$

W. AYDLETT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.