Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 10:10:49 -0600

593 
FZPN01 KWBC 161610
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC TUE NOV 16 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 16. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 17. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 18. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 46N152W 1020 MB MOVING NE 30 KT WHILE RAPIDLY INTENSIFYING. 
WITHIN 300 NM NW AND 240 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N133W 987 MB. WITHIN 720 NM W AND 
NW...AND 420 NM S QUADRANTS...AND ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM OF LOW 
CENTER WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 22 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N133W 982 MB. WITHIN 480 NM NW QUADRANT  
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 19 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N129W 990 MB. WITHIN 600 NM NW...480 
SW...AND 420 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 27 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 34N177W 999 MB MOVING N 15 KT. S OF 50N AND A LINE FROM 
42N159W TO 38N169W TO 37N179W TO 39N171E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 25 FT. WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT FROM 34N166W TO 30N165W 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE EXCEPT AS 
DESCRIBED WITH LOW 46N152W FROM 30N TO 52N BETWEEN 158W AND 170E 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N176W 998 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 540 NM 
N AND 600 NM NE QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 32 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 42N TO 52N BETWEEN 156W AND 175E WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N177E 990 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 46N170W TO 40N160W TO 38N157W. WITHIN 480 NM N 
QUADRANT AND 480 NM N OF FRONT WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 29 
FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW INLAND 49N118W 1001 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. WITHIN 540 NM W 
QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND WITH CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 51N133W. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 60N145W 1013 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. WITHIN 600 NM W QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED INTO LOW 51N133W. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 50N W OF 179E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 19 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 54N W OF 171W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 55N TO 60N W OF 169W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 18 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 40N164E 1002 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. WITHIN 300 NM SW AND 240 
NM NW...AND 240 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 
FT. .24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N171E 998 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SW AND 
40 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 25 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N179W 994 MB. WITHIN 480 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 51N167E 995 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 360 NM SW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 19 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 62N E OF 171W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS TO IMPROVE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 42N BETWEEN 124W AND 132W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 14 FT. ALSO FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 132W AND 142W WINDS TO 25 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 300 NM SE OF 
A LINE FROM 45N152W TO 39N166W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 36N TO 42N BETWEEN 156W AND 
166W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 240 NM SW OF A LINE FROM 
47N172W TO 38N158W. 

.HIGH 40N144W 1037 MB DRIFTING S. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N142W 1035 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 58N170W 1052 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 62N159W 1050 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH INLAND 61N158W 1040 MB. 

.FORECASTER ROWLAND. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC TUE NOV 16.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC WED NOV 17.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC THU NOV 18.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.NW OF LINE 30N128W TO 26N132W TO 25N140W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 
LINE 30N125W TO 15N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT 
IN BROAD MIX OF SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N121W TO 15N128W TO 10N140W
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NW AND NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST W OF LINE 30N120W TO 00N136W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.

.LOW PRES NEAR 12N113W 1010 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. WITHIN 150 NM 
SE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 12N114W 1011 MB. WITHIN 150 NM 
SE SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 12N115W 1012 MB. WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.FROM 03N TO 07N BETWEEN 79W AND 87W S TO SW WINDS TO 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 02N TO 06N BETWEEN 79W AND 82W S TO SW 
WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.WITHIN 120 NM OF THE MEXICAN COAST BETWEEN 94W AND 105W... 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 
FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.42 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 60 NM OF COAST N 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 120 NM OF COAST N 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1430 UTC TUE NOV 16...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ANALYZED ALONG 08N84W TO 
06N90W TO 12N113W TO 10N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG 
CONVECTION NOTED WITHIN 90 NM S AND 120 NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN 
110W AND 116W...AND ALSO W OF 127W. 

$$
FORECASTER STRIPLING

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.