Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 10:45:14 -0600

630 
FZPN40 PHFO 161645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC TUE NOV 16 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 16 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 17 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 18 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N165W TO 24N170W TO 19N180E TO 17N173E. FRONT MOVING E 
10 KT N OF 25N...AND NEARLY STATIONARY ELSEWHERE. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF LINE FROM 30N156W TO 26N158W TO 26N167W 
TO 30N175E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM E AND SE OF FRONT 
N OF 25N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N162W TO 23N170W TO 20N176W. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT FROM 30N161W TO 23N167W.

.FRONT FROM 30N165E TO 26N160E MOVING ESE 20 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 28N W OF FRONT. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM E AND SE OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N176E TO 25N170E TO 23N160E. WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 28N BETWEEN FRONT AND 165E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N172W TO 24N180E TO 21N169E. W TO NW 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 28N BETWEEN 169W AND 
176W.

.HIGH 24N165E 1014 MB MOVING SW 10 KT. RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 23N177W 
NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.RIDGE FROM 30N151W TO 23N160W TO 20N170W NEARLY STATIONARY AND 
ERODING SLOWLY FROM THE W.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 26N E OF 150W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 18 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF LINE FROM 30N164W TO 
22N175W TO 20N179E TO 30N165E. SEAS 12 TO 14 FT OVER FORECAST 
WATERS N OF 23N E OF 156W. SEAS MAINLY 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 
LINE FROM 18N140W TO 00N152W TO 00N179E TO 18N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 14 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF LINE 
FROM 30N160W TO 22N167W TO 23N171W TO 30N172W...AND N OF 28N W OF 
171E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF LINE FROM 13N140W TO 00N147W 
TO 00N172W TO 15N166E TO 23N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 27N 
BETWEEN 164E AND 178E. SEAS MAINLY 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE E OF LINE 
FROM 30N160E TO 17N160E TO 10N167E TO 00N172W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA FROM 12N TO 16N BETWEEN 154W AND 
161W.

.ITCZ FROM 10N140W TO 08N160W TO 08N180E TO 06N160E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM N...AND WITHIN 60 NM S...OF ITCZ.

$$

.FORECASTER KINEL. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.