Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 16:45:10 -0600

942 
FZPN40 PHFO 162245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC TUE NOV 16 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 16 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 17 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 18 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N164W TO 24N170W TO 19N180E TO 17N170E. FRONT MOVING E 
10 KT N OF 25N...AND NEARLY STATIONARY ELSEWHERE. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 23N BETWEEN FRONT AND 160W...AND N OF 27N 
BETWEEN 170W AND 80W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM E AND SE 
OF FRONT N OF 23N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N162W TO 23N170W TO 20N180W. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT FROM 30N160W TO 23N167W.

.FRONT FROM 30N168E TO 24N160E MOVING ESE 20 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 28N W OF FRONT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N180E TO 23N170E TO 21N160E. WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 28N BETWEEN FRONT AND 170E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N168W TO 22N180E TO 20N169E. W TO NW 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 28N BETWEEN 169W AND 
176W.

.RIDGE FROM 30N172E TO 23N170E TO 20N160E MOVING SE 15 KT.

.RIDGE FROM 30N153W TO 21N160W TO 20N170W NEARLY STATIONARY AND 
ERODING SLOWLY FROM THE W.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 26N E OF 150W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 17 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N161W TO 18N179E TO 30N164E. 
SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF 22N AND E OF 150W. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N 
OF A LINE FROM 17N140W TO 00N158W TO 00N176W TO 14N176W TO 16N162E 
TO 27N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 16 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N176E TO 
26N160E. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 22N160E TO 
08N177E TO 10N169W TO 00N167W...W OF A LINE FROM 00N147W TO 08N150W 
TO 17N160W TO 22N160W...AND N OF A LINE FROM 22N160W TO 20N151W TO 
11N140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 16 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N175W TO 
24N166E TO 30N165E. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
30N157W TO 22N164W TO 28N170W TO 19N160E. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN AREA 
BOUNDED BY 18N165W TO 15N157W TO 01N171W TO 10N177E TO 18N165W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 10N140W TO 09N160W TO 09N180E TO 07N160E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF ITCZ.

$$
.FORECASTER POWELL. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.