Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 21:57:27 -0600

168 
FZPN01 KWBC 170357
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC WED NOV 17 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 17. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 18. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 19. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 57N146W 1012 MB MOVING S 25 KT. N OF 55N BETWEEN 153W AND 
158W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 50N 
BETWEEN 145W AND 163W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 
51N132W DESCRIBED BELOW.

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 40N172W 1001 MB MOVING NW 20 KT. WITHIN 420 NM N AND NE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 17 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
40N TO 50N BETWEEN 160W AND 175E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 
22 FT. ALSO FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 158W AND 164W WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N180W 995 MB. WITHIN 300 NM NE OF A LINE 
FROM 47N175W TO 40N162W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 32 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 52N171E TO 37N160W 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 26 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N173E 984 MB. WITHIN 600 NM S AND 540 NM 
SW QUADRANTS AND 600 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 54N175E TO 35N160W 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 28 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 51N173W.

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 49N138W 1005 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. FROM 43N TO 50N BETWEEN 
133W AND 152W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N132W 985 MB. WITHIN 180 NM N SEMICIRCLE 
AND 120 NM N AND NW OF A LINE FROM 57N135W TO 53N141W WINDS 35 
TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 660 NM S AND 
W...540 NM NW...AND 240 NM NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 19 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N129W 1000 MB. FROM 43N TO 55N E OF 142W 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.N OF 50N BETWEEN 174W AND 168E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 60N E OF 178W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 43N168E 997 MB MOVING E 20 KT. WITHIN 240 NM W SEMICIRCLE 
WIND 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM NE 
QUADRANT AND FROM 30N TO 48N BETWEEN 168E AND 160E WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N177E 993 MB. WITHIN 420 NM W AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 17 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
480 NM S AND SW OF A LINE FROM 39N180W TO 43N173E TO 53N167E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N174W 995 MB. WITHIN 360 NM W AND 420 NM 
SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 13 TO 21 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 34N TO 43N BETWEEN 123W AND 127W N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.LOW 34N173W 998 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 
167W AND 178W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 38N BETWEEN 168E AND 160E WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 37N TO 43N 
BETWEEN 154W AND 168W AND WITHIN 180 NM OF 45N168W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 300 NM SW OF A LINE FROM 
39N156W TO 47N178W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 360 NM SW OF A LINE FROM 
39N156W TO 51N174W TO 59N180W.

.HIGH 39N140W 1030 MB MOVING S 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N140W 1021 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 59N166W 1052 MB MOVING NE 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH WELL INLAND. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 51N153W 1040 MB.

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC WED NOV 17.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC THU NOV 18.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FRI NOV 19.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.NW OF 27N W OF 133W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 12 TO 14 FT IN 
MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 30N123W TO 10N140W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN BROAD MIX OF SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST W OF LINE 30N119W TO 00N137W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 18N W OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 FT IN NW SWELL.

.LOW PRES NEAR 12N110W 1012 MB. WITHIN 90 NM SE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 
TO 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 11N110W 1012 MB. WITHIN 60 NM 
SE SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 11N111W 1012 MB. WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.WITHIN 120 NM OF THE MEXICAN COAST BETWEEN 98W AND 105W W TO NW 
WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.30 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 60 NM OF COAST N 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 14.5N95W 
TO 13N96W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC WED NOV 17...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ANALYZED ALONG 06N84W TO 
05N89W TO 12N110W TO 11N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG 
WITHIN 120 NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN 117W AND 122W. 

$$
FORECASTER AL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.