Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 03:56:42 -0600

496 
FZPN01 KWBC 170956
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC WED NOV 17 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 17. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 18. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 19. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 41N173W 1000 MB MOVING NW 20 KT. WITHIN 420 NM N AND 540 NM 
NE QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 17 TO 31 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
41N TO 51N BETWEEN 160W AND 180W AND FROM 30N TO 41N BETWEEN 
156W AND 164W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N180W 995 MB. WITHIN 420 NM NE OF A LINE 
FROM 49N180W TO 42N165W WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 17 TO 30 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 44N TO 58N BETWEEN 170W AND 176E AND WITHIN 600 
NM N OF A LINE FROM 42N170W TO 36N156W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 21 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N173E 985 MB. N OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS 
BETWEEN 165W AND 175E...WITHIN 600 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 50N179W 
TO 32N157W...AND FROM 44N TO 54N W OF 170E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 51N133W 994 MB MOVING SE 05 KT. FROM 42N TO 59N E OF 142W 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N132W 983 MB. WITHIN 180 NM OF LOW 
CENTER AND 180 NM N AND NW OF A LINE FROM 57N135W TO 54N140W 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 23 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N130W 987 MB. WITHIN 180 NM N AND NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE E OF A 
LINE FROM 40N140W TO 50N148W TO 58N142W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 24 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 52N141W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N128W 1001 MB. FROM 43N TO 55N E OF 140W 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.FROM 46N TO 50N BETWEEN 142W AND 152W AND N OF 50N BETWEEN 147W 
AND 159W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 21 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 50N130W DESCRIBED 
ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 43N169E 998 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. WITHIN 240 NM W AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 16 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
41N TO 51N BETWEEN 180W AND 169E AND WITHIN 360 NM NW AND 600 NM 
SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N180W 996 MB. WITHIN 540 NM S AND 480 NM 
SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 17 TO 28 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. WITHIN 240 NM SW OF A LINE 
FROM 45N175W TO 40N167W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 11 TO 20 FT WITH 
MIXED SWELL.

...GALE WARNING...
.N OF 52N BETWEEN 170W AND 170E AND N OF 60N E OF 170W WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 61N E OF 175W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 
12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 49N170E 996 MB. WITHIN 480 NM W OF A 
LINE FROM 41N180W TO THE LOW CENTER TO 53N166E WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 11 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N176E 986 MB. FROM 40N TO 48N BETWEEN 
180W AND 170E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 15 TO 26 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 35N TO 40N BETWEEN 123W AND 127W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 
11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.LOW 36N171W 999 MB MOVING N 15 KT. WITHIN 300 NM AND 360 NM SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 240 NM SW OF A LINE FROM 55N143W TO 
59N151W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 39N BETWEEN 171E AND 160E WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 36N TO 42N 
BETWEEN 157W AND 169W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 300 NM SW OF A LINE FROM 
38N156W TO 49N176W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 300 NM W OF A LINE FROM 
52N175W TO 40N161W AND N OF 52N BETWEEN 175W AND 173E.

.HIGH 38N142W 1029 MB MOVING SE 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N137W 1022 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N131W 1019 MB.

.HIGH 59N165W 1050 MB MOVING NE 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH INLAND 60N160W 1044 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH WELL INLAND.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 51N153W 1040 MB.

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC WED NOV 17.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC THU NOV 18.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FRI NOV 19.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.NW OF LINE 30N124W TO 12N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
12 FT IN MIXED NW AND NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N120W TO 00N137W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.36 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 90 NM OF COAST N 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W TO 
14N95W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 97W N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC WED NOV 17...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...09N84W TO 07N94W TO 12N110W TO 
11N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG WITHIN 150 NM N OF AXIS 
FROM 109W TO 117W. 

$$
FORECASTER DGS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.