Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 04:45:11 -0600

215 
FZPN40 PHFO 171045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC WED NOV 17 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 17 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 18 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 19 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N162W TO 25N166W TO 23N171W TO 19N175E.  FRONT MOVING 
E SLOWLY E OF 172W...NEARLY STATIONARY AND DISSIPATING W OF 172W.  
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 180 NM N OF 27N.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
BETWEEN 157W AND 162W N OF 24N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N161W TO 27N162W TO 23N167W TO 
22N171W.  WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N158W TO 25N160W TO 21N167W.

.FRONT FROM 30N173E TO 25N160E TO 23N160E MOVING E 25 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N176W TO 26N180W TO 21N170E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT FROM 30N166W TO 25N170W TO 22N175E.

.TROUGH FROM 08N160E TO 08N171E NEARLY STATIONARY.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS BETWEEN 07N AND 11N BOUNDED BY 163E AND 
173E.

.RIDGE FROM 26N155W TO 20N160W TO 19N171W MOVING E SLOWLY.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF 26N W OF 172E.  SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF A LINE 
FROM 20N175W TO 20N166W TO 30N157W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 
A LINE FROM 22N160E TO 00N177W TO 00S146W TO 13N140W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF A LINE FROM 23N164E TO 
30N178W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE EXCEPT S OF A LINE FROM 15N160E 
TO 00N170W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF A LINE FROM 28N168E TO 
23N178E TO 30N171W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
14N160E TO 21N180W TO 30N166W.  SEAS 8 TO 9 FT S OF A LINE FROM 
07N178E TO 15N153W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 11N140W TO 10N172E.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 
NM OF THE ITCZ.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.