Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 09:49:03 -0600

412 
FZPN01 KWBC 171548
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC WED NOV 17 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 17. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 18. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 19. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 41N176W 998 MB MOVING NW 15 KT. WITHIN 540 NM N AND 600 NM 
NE QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
41N TO 53N BETWEEN 158W AND 180W AND FROM 30N TO 41N BETWEEN 
156W AND 164W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N179W 991 MB. WITHIN 660 NM NE OF A LINE 
FROM 35N157W TO 53N174E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 27 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N170E 985 MB. WITHIN 600 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...960 NM NE AND 180 NM NW QUADRANTS...AND 600 NM NE 
OF A LINE FROM 51N176W TO 31N155W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
24 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 52N132W 978 MB MOVING SE 05 KT. WITHIN 120 NM W SEMICIRCLE 
AND NE QUADRANT WINDS 45 TO 60 KT. SEAS 13 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 43N TO 60N E OF 156W WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N131W 994 MB. WITHIN 240 NM W AND NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
41N TO 57N E OF 147W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N127W 1002 MB. FROM 40N TO 55N E OF 142W 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 43N170E 997 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. WITHIN 540 NM W SEMICIRCLE 
AND 780 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 25 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N179W 998 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 420 NM SW OF A LINE FROM 53N166E TO 30N169W WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 28 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED WITH CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 
53N170E DESCRIBED ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING... 
.N OF 52N BETWEEN 167W AND 170E AND N OF 60N E OF 170W WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 61N E OF 175W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 
12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 35N155E 1004 MB. FROM 30N TO 38N 
W OF 165E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N166E 994 MB. FROM 30N TO 40N W OF 180W 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 35N TO 40N BETWEEN 123W AND 127W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 
10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.LOW 37N171W 998 MB MOVING N 15 KT. WITHIN 360 NM SE AND S 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 240 NM SW OF A LINE FROM 54N140W TO 
59N150W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 240 NM SW OF 
A LINE FROM 44N169W TO 39N157W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 240 NM SW OF A LINE FROM 
49N177W TO 40N155W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 41N TO 48N BETWEEN 164W AND 
171W...AND FROM 54N TO 61N W OF 173W. 

.HIGH 37N141W 1026 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 59N166W 1048 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 53N155W 1040 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 50N152W 1040 MB. 

.FORECASTER HOLLEY. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC WED NOV 17.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC THU NOV 18.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FRI NOV 19.

.WARNINGS.
...STORM WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16.5N95W TO 
14.5N95W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS TO 10 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16.5N95W TO 
14.5N95.5W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 40 TO 50 KT.
SEAS TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 
16.5N95W TO 14.5N95.5W TO 12.5N97W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16.5N95W TO 
14N95.5W TO 12.5N96.5W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE 
WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 60 NM EITHER 
SIDE OF LINE 16.5N95W TO 14N95.5W TO 11.5N97.5W N TO NE WINDS 30 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.N OF 28N W OF 128W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS 10 TO 11 FT IN 
MIXED NW AND NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 30N122W TO 14N128W 
TO 10N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NW 
AND NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N120W TO 10N128W TO 00N137W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN PRIMARILY NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 60 NM OF COAST N WINDS TO 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED ABOVE IN WARNING...WITHIN 45 
NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16.5N95W TO 14N95W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED ABOVE IN WARNING...WITHIN 75 
NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16.5N95W TO 14.5N95.5W TO 11.5N98W N TO 
NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED ABOVE IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 
NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16.5N95W TO 14N95.5W TO 11N98W N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT IN NE SWELL. FROM 10N TO 12N 
BETWEEN 98W AND 101W E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE 
SWELL.

.LOW PRES NEAR 13N111W 1010 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. WITHIN 210 NM 
SE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 12N111W 1011 MB. WITHIN 180 NM 
S SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 11N112W 1010 MB. WITHIN 240 NM 
OF CENTER WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1430 UTC WED NOV 17...

.SCATTERED MODERATE NOTED FROM 01N TO 09N E OF 83W.

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ANALYZED ALONG 08N83W TO 
06N90W TO 13N111W TO 08N136W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED TO LOCALLY 
NUMEROUS MODERATE TO STRONG CONVECTION WAS NOTED WITHIN 120 NM N 
AND 180 NM S OF AXIS FROM 109W TO 115W. 

$$
FORECASTER STRIPLING

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.