Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 10:45:08 -0600

925 
FZPN40 PHFO 171645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC WED NOV 17 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 17 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 18 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 19 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N162W TO 26N164W TO 22N170W MOVING E SLOWLY.  WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 180 NM E OF THE FRONT N OF 27N.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN 159W AND 163W N OF 20N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N160W TO 25N164W TO 23N171W.  WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N157W TO 28N157W TO 25N160W.

.FRONT FROM 30N176E TO 26N172E TO 22N163E MOVING E 30 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N172W TO 25N178W TO 21N171E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N161W TO 26N166W TO 22N176E.

.TROUGH FROM 08N160E TO 08N171E NEARLY STATIONARY.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM N AND 60 NM S OF THE TROUGH.

.RIDGE FROM 26N155W TO 20N160W TO 19N171W MOVING E SLOWLY.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF 26N W OF 172E.  SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF A LINE 
FROM 20N175W TO 20N166W TO 30N157W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 
A LINE FROM 22N160E TO 00N177W TO 00N146W TO 13N140W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF A LINE FROM 23N164E TO 
30N178W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE EXCEPT S OF A LINE FROM 15N160E 
TO 00N170W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF A LINE FROM 28N168E TO 
23N178E TO 30N171W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
14N160E TO 21N180W TO 30N166W.  SEAS 8 TO 9 FT S OF A LINE FROM 
07N178E TO 15N153W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 11N149W TO 10N172E.  SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS 
BETWEEN 08N AND 11N BOUNDED BY 146W AND 154W.  ISOLATED TSTMS 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 60 NM OF THE ITCZ.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.