Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 15:49:49 -0600

503 
FZPN01 KWBC 172149
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC WED NOV 17 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 17. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 18. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 19. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 41N176W 997 MB MOVING NW 20 KT. BETWEEN 240 NM AND 660 NM 
NE QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
40N TO 51N BETWEEN 155W AND 180W AND FROM 30N TO 41N BETWEEN 
155W AND 165W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 26 FT. ALSO FROM 30N 
TO 40N BETWEEN 165W AND 180W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N177W 988 MB. WITHIN 660 NM NE OF A LINE 
FROM 35N159W TO 55N172E AND 360 NM SW OF A LINE FROM 37N172W TO 
53N167E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 26 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N173E 982 MB. WITHIN 600 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...960 NM NE AND 180 NM NW QUADRANTS...AND 540 NM NE 
OF A LINE FROM 52N173W TO 31N154W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 
26 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 52N132W 978 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. WITHIN 120 NM W SEMICIRCLE 
AND NE QUADRANT...AND WITHIN 60 NM NW OF A LINE FROM 57N135W TO 
54N140W WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 13 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 40N 
TO 60N E OF 152W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N131W 999 MB. WITHIN 240 NM W SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 41N TO 54N 
BETWEEN 129W AND 147W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N125W 1002 MB. FROM 42N TO 60N E OF 140W 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 43N172E 996 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 
480 NM SE OF A FRONT FROM 54N168E TO LOW CENTER TO 40N177E TO 
35N179E TO 30N179E WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 13 TO 26 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 49N177W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING... 
.N OF 52N BETWEEN 167W AND 172E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 62N E OF 175W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 
12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 35N158E 1001 MB. FROM 30N TO 39N 
W OF 166E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N172E 990 MB. FROM 30N TO 40N W OF 177W 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 35N TO 40N BETWEEN 123W AND 127W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 240 NM SW OF A LINE FROM 52N141W TO 
57N150W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 240 NM SW OF 
A LINE FROM 45N173W TO 43N165W TO 39N157W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 300 NM SW OF A LINE FROM 
50N175W TO 42N162W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 55N TO 61N W OF 174W. 

.HIGH 36N140W 1025 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 53N154W 1041 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 51N152W 1040 MB. 

.FORECASTER HOLLEY. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC WED NOV 17.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC THU NOV 18.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FRI NOV 19.

.WARNINGS.
...STORM WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
14N95.5W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
13N96W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 35 TO 50 
KT. SEAS TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
13.5N95.5W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 
40 KT. SEAS TO 15 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.18 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 
96W N WINDS TO 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED ABOVE IN WARNING...WITHIN 45 
NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W TO 13N96W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED ABOVE IN WARNING...WITHIN 75 
NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N96W TO 12N98W N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED ABOVE IN WARNING...WITHIN 75 
NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13.5N95.5W TO 10N100W N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT IN NE SWELL. FROM 10N TO 12N 
BETWEEN 100W AND 103W E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.

.NW OF LINE 30N120W TO 12N125W TO 07N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN PRIMARILY NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 21N W OF 124W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 FT IN PRIMARILY NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.LOW PRES NEAR 12N112W 1012 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. WITHIN 210 NM 
S QUADRANT WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 12N112W 1012 MB. WITHIN 180 NM 
S SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 12N113W 1012 MB. WITHIN 150 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC WED NOV 17...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ANALYZED ALONG 07N83W TO 
06N93W TO LOW PRES NEAR 12N112W THEN CONTINUES TO 09N125W TO 
11N135W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 
180 NM OF LOW. OTHERWISE NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION ALONG ITCZ.

$$
FORECASTER AL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.