Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 16:45:13 -0600

805 
FZPN40 PHFO 172245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC WED NOV 17 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 17 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 18 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 19 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N162W TO 25N165W TO 23N170W MOVING E SLOWLY. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 30N161 TO 24N161W TO 
19N164W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N160W TO 26N162W TO 24N165W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N156W TO 23N160W.

.FRONT FROM 30N179E TO 22N170E TO 21N162E MOVING E 30 KT. WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT N OF 28N BETWEEN 173E AND 179E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 60 NM E OF FRONT N OF 27N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N169W TO 23N180W TO 21N171E. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MERGED INTO ABOVE FRONT.

.TROUGH FROM 08N160E TO 08N171E NEARLY STATIONARY.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM N AND 60 NM S OF THE TROUGH.

.TROUGH FROM 11N151W TO 07N155W MOVING W 10 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS FROM 07N TO 11N BETWEEN 150W AND 156W.

.RIDGE FROM 30N152W TO 20N163W TO 19N175W MOVING E SLOWLY.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 16 FT N OF N OF A LINE FROM 30N175E TO 25N160E. SEAS 8 
TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE EXCEPT S OF A LINE FROM 19N160E TO 09N180W TO 
00N167W...AND E OF A LINE FROM 00N146W TO 21N161W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 16 FT N OF A LINE FROM 23N165E TO 
30N177W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 17N160E TO 
30N167W. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT FROM 03N TO 17N BETWEEN 158W AND 180W... 
AND FROM 151W TO 167W N OF 21N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF A LINE FROM 28N160E TO 
22N177E TO 30N170W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
25N160E TO 17N166E TO 20N180E TO 30N167W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 10N140W TO 10N150W...AND FROM 09N156W TO 07N170W TO 
10N170E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ W OF 171W... 
AND WITHIN 90 NM N OF ITCZ BETWEEN 156W AND 160W.

$$
.FORECASTER CRAIG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.