Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 22:02:03 -0600

069 
FZPN01 KWBC 180401
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC THU NOV 18 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 18. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 19. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 20. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 52N132W 984 MB MOVING S 15 KT. WITHIN 180 NM OF LOW AND 180 
NM N AND NW OF A LINE FROM 57N135W TO 52N140W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. 
SEAS 15 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 40N TO 60N E OF 150W WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N131W 1000 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SW AND 240 
NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 16 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 41N TO 53N BETWEEN 130W AND 143W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N125W 1003 MB. FROM 40N TO 56N E OF 140W 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 43N177W 994 MB MOVING NW 20 KT. WITHIN 300 NM NE OF A LINE 
FROM 41N162W TO 47N175W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 17 TO 30 FT. 
ELSEWHERE BETWEEN 180 NM AND 720 NM N QUADRANT AND 600 NM NE OF 
A LINE FROM 35N161W TO 46N175W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N175E 985 MB. WITHIN 600 NM NE OF A LINE 
FROM 54N173E TO 34N160W AND 480 NM SW OF A LINE FROM 54N169E TO 
47N173E TO 42N174W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N172E 980 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...300 NM NW AND 960 NM NE QUADRANTS...AND 420 NM NE 
AND E OF A LINE FROM 51N168W TO 33N157W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 24 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 43N174E 994 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. WITHIN 540 NM SW SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 25 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY LOW 51N175E WITH CONDITIONS 
DESCRIBED ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING...
.N OF 58N W OF 166W S TO SW WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N164E 1002 MB. FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 
170E AND 160E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N178E 988 MB. FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 
172W AND 170E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 18 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 55N TO 59N BETWEEN 145W AND 155W W TO NW 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 240 NM SW OF 
A LINE FROM 47N177W TO 39N156W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 360 NM SW OF A LINE FROM 
54N178W TO 40N157W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 56N TO 62N W OF 170W AND WITHIN 
120 NM OF 47N165W.

.HIGH 36N138W 1023 MB MOVING SE 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 52N152W 1040 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 49N151W 1038 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 43N168W 1016 MB. 

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC THU NOV 18.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FRI NOV 19.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SAT NOV 20.

.WARNINGS.
...STORM WARNING...
.18 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
14N95W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
14N96W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 
KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.30 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
13N96W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 35 TO 50 
KT. SEAS TO 14 FT. 
.42 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
13N96W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 
KT. SEAS TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W 
TO 14N96W N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.12 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 
96W N WINDS TO 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED ABOVE IN WARNING...WITHIN 45 
NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N95W TO 13.5N96W N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED ABOVE IN WARNING...WITHIN 45 
NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N96W TO 13N97W N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED ABOVE IN WARNING...WITHIN 75 
NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N96W TO 12N97W N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. FROM 11N TO 13N BETWEEN 97W 
AND 100W E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN NE SWELL. 
.42 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED ABOVE IN WARNING...WITHIN 60 
NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N96W TO 12N98W N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT IN NE SWELL. FROM 10N TO 12N 
BETWEEN 98W AND 104W E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED ABOVE IN WARNING...WITHIN 60 
NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N96W TO 11N99W N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL. FROM 10N TO 12N 
BETWEEN 98W AND 104W E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.

.W OF LINE 30N119W TO 12N125W TO 00N137W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT IN PRIMARILY NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 17N W OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 FT IN PRIMARILY NW SWELL.
.42 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC THU NOV 18...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ANALYZED ALONG 10N86W TO 
06N95W TO LOW PRES NEAR 12N111W THEN CONTINUES TO 09N127W TO 
11N135W TO 09N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION ALONG THE ITCZ.

$$
FORECASTER AL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.