Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 22:45:13 -0600

801 
FZPN40 PHFO 180445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC THU NOV 18 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 18 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 19 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 20 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.12 HOUR FORECAST FRONT NE TO SW THROUGH 30N160E MOVING E 30 KT. 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 29N W OF 161E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N164E TO 28N160E. WINDS 25 TO 35 KT
N OF 27N W OF 168W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N176E TO 26N170E TO 24N162E. WINDS
25 TO 30 KT WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT N OF 26N.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N161W TO 25N165W TO 22N170W NEARLY STATIONARY. 
SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 30N159W TO 
25N162W TO 19N163W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N160W TO 26N162W TO 24N165W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N156W TO 22N160W.

.FRONT FROM 30N178W TO 22N170E TO 22N170E TO 20N160E MOVING E 30 KT. 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 29N BETWEEN 177W AND 177E. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM E OF FRONT N OF 27N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N165W TO 24N175W TO 21N170E. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MERGED INTO ABOVE FRONT AT 30N156W TO 
22N160W.

.TROUGH FROM 13N150W TO 07N155W MOVING W 10 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS IN AREA BOUNDED BY 08N158W TO 14N146W TO 06N149W TO 08N158W.

.RIDGE FROM 30N152W TO 18N165W TO 18N180W TO 18N168E NEARLY 
STATIONARY.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 16 FT N OF N OF A LINE FROM 30N177E TO 24N160E. SEAS 8 
TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE EXCEPT S OF 10N W OF 163W...AND IN AREA BOUNDED 
BY 00N145W TO 10N159W TO 21N159W TO 24N145W TO 14N140W TO 00N140W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 17 FT N OF A LINE FROM 29N160E TO 
24N170E TO 30N174W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
17N160E TO 21N175E TO 30N167W. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT WITHIN 180 NM OF A 
LINE FROM 08N178E TO 08N170W TO 15N155W...AND FROM 157W TO 162W N OF 
22N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF A LINE FROM 28N160E TO 
21N170W TO 30N165W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
24N160E TO 15N170E TO 20N176W TO 30N164W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 11N150W...AND FROM 10N156W TO 08N165W TO 
06N180W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF ITCZ W OF 160W... 
AND WITHIN 180 NM N OF ITCZ E OF 150W.

$$
.FORECASTER CRAIG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.