Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 04:13:17 -0600

783 
FZPN01 KWBC 181013
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC THU NOV 18 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 18. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 19. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 20. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 51N131W 988 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. WITHIN 540 NM S AND N...660 
NM W...AND 240 NM NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N128W 1004 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW AND 300 
NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 42N TO 54N E OF 140W AND 240 NM SW OF LINE FROM 54N140W TO 
59N151W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N126W 1000 MB. FROM 40N TO 54N BETWEEN 
127W AND 140W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 45N178W 994 MB MOVING NW 20 KT. WITHIN 420 NM NE OF A LINE 
FROM 49N179E TO 40N162W WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 17 TO 28 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 720 NM N QUADRANT AND 600 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 
45N175W TO 37N160W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N173E 984 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SW AND S OF 
A LINE FROM 53N168E TO 46N180W AND 600 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 
54N174E TO 33N159W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N175E 978 MB. WITHIN 780 NM NE AND 540 
NM SE QUADRANTS AND FROM 42N TO 55N W OF 171E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 11 TO 22 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 44N175E 994 MB MOVING E 10 KT. WITHIN 600 NM W OF A LINE 
FROM 31N172W TO 52N167E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 27 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY LOW 51N173E WITH CONDITIONS 
DESCRIBED ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING...
.N OF 61N E OF 177W S TO SW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N168E 999 MB. FROM 30N TO 37N W OF 174E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N178W 986 MB. FROM 30N TO 44N BETWEEN 
171W AND 177E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 44N166W 1010 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
52N168W TO THE LOW CENTER TO 30N152W. WITHIN 420 NM E OF THE 
FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 21 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 300 NM SW OF 
A LINE FROM 48N177W TO 41N159W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 360 NM W OF A LINE FROM 
52N172W TO 39N156W AND N OF 55N BETWEEN 175W AND 173E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 43N TO 52N BETWEEN 163W AND 
168W AND FROM 56N TO 61N W OF 167W.

.HIGH 35N136W 1023 MB MOVING SE 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N130W 1019 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 51N152W 1040 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 49N151W 1039 MB.

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC THU NOV 18.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FRI NOV 19.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SAT NOV 20.

.WARNINGS.

...STORM WARNING...
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W TO 
14N95W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W TO 
13N96W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 35 TO 50 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W TO 
13N96W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W TO 
14N96W N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.06 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 
96W N WINDS TO 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED ABOVE IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 45 
NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 13N96W N TO NE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED ABOVE IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 75 
NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W TO 13N96W TO 12N97W N TO NE WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED ABOVE IN WARNING...WITHIN 60 
NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W TO 13N96W TO 12N98W N TO NE WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. FROM 10N TO 12N BETWEEN 98W 
AND 104W E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED ABOVE IN WARNING...WITHIN 60 
NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W TO 14N96W TO 11N99W N TO NE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. FROM 10N TO 12N BETWEEN 99W 
AND 104W E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.

.W OF LINE 30N120W TO 10N130W TO 00N137W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC THU NOV 18...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...10N86W TO 06N95W TO 11N115W TO 
10N125W TO 09N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
FORECASTER DGS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.