Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 04:45:12 -0600

201 
FZPN40 PHFO 181045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC THU NOV 18 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 18 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 19 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 20 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N161W TO 21N163W MOVING E NEAR 10 KT. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 100 NM E OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N157W TO 26N157W TO 21N159W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 30N154W TO 22N157W.

.FRONT FROM 30N174W TO 25N180E TO 21N170E THENCE STATIONARY FRONT 
TO 21N160E. ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM E OF FRONT N OF 28N.
SCATTERED SHOWERS WITHIN 100 NM N OF REST OF FRONTS.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 30N163W TO 26N167W TO 
25N174W TO 21N175E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.COLD FRONT W OF FCST AREA...FROM 30N150E TO 26N145E MOVING E 30 TO 
35 KT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT NR 30N160E MOVING E 30 KT. SW WINDS 
INCREASING TO 25 KT N OF 27N W OF 163E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N168E TO 26N160E. W AND SW WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT N OF 26N W OF 171E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N178W TO 28N178E TO 25N168E.
W AND SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 27N BETWEEN 176W AND 175E.

.WEAK...DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 30N166W TO 26N169W TO 22N173W MOVING 
E SLOWLY. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM E OF 
FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 18N144W TO 10N154W MOVING W SLOWLY. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM E OF TROUGH.

.RIDGE FROM 25N152W 18N170W TO 18N180E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 10 TO 15 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N170W TO 23N172E TO 20N160E.
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT BETWEEN 20N AND 09N FROM 160W TO 178E. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT ELSEWHERE N OF 18N BETWEEN 153W AND 170W. SEAS ELSEWHERE 8 TO 10 
FT N AND E OF A LINE FROM 12N160E TO 12N170E TO 00N178W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 10 TO 15 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N170W TO 
21N178E TO 20N160E. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
30N166W TO 18N177E TO 14N160E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN THE AREA BOUNDED BY 
15N153W...00N150W...00N180E...00N180E AND 15N153W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 13 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N160W TO 
14N180E TO 14N168E TO 22N160E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT S OF A LINE FROM 
00N146W TO 05N151W TO 04N162E TO 00N172E.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 08N155W TO 06N180E. ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 100 NM EITHER 
SIDE OF ITCZ.

$$
.FORECASTER LAU. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.