Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 08:59:17 -0600

888 
ATPQ40 PGUM 181459
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 AM CHST FRI NOV 19 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A STATIONARY FRONT STRETCHES SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N148E TO BEYOND 
130E AT 20N. CLOUDINESS WITH SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND ALONG AND 
UP TO 250 MILES NORTHWEST OF THE FRONT.

A SURFACE TROUGH RUNNING SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 17N138E TO 13N130E IS 
PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS WEST OF THE 
MARIANAS WITHIN 70 MILES OF A LINE FROM 13N130E TO 17N140E.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH EXTENDS EASTWARD FROM 5N130E THROUGH A WEAK 
CIRCULATION CENTERED SOUTHWEST OF KOROR NEAR 5N132E...THEN TURNS 
SOUTHEASTWARD TO END AT EQ145E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW 
THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND OVER KOROR WITHIN AN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE 
FROM 7N132E TO 10N137E TO 5N140E TO 2N135E BACK TO 7N132E.

A SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS SOUTHWARD FROM GUAM TO END NEAR 5N143E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND SOUTH OF THE MARIANAS BETWEEN 13N AND 
10N FROM 142E TO 147E AND SOUTHEAST OF CHUUK WITHIN 70 MILES OF A 
LINE FROM 5N140E TO 7N144E.

A TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE IS GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS EAST OF 
MAJURO BETWEEN 8N AND 5N FROM 175E TO THE DATE LINE.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.